Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Meet-Ups

Started by Dave_ [77503] on in General Non-related.

8 replies · 159 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
33 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Most-liked replies

Dave_ [77503]
Once upon a time there was a coordinated effort to meet up IRL. Wondering if that same of thought would be considered again?

It was fun last time from what i heard, and i want to be apart of it.
SpinDrift [2238383]
Do not - I repeat - Do not call it a gathering....


''There can be only one....''


Can you imagine what would go down with this motley lot
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Let's meet up in bandung.

I have met 2 Torn players so far. One was an Indonesian player and the other one is american. To my surprise it's not awkward at all. Tho yeah there was culture shock at first with the american but he got used to my "dede timezone" and I am used to his "american privilege".

Language barrier is non issue with both. The Indonesian player and I spoke in Javanese. With the American player, we talked in English. With the Indonesian player we talked about our faction. But with the American, not so much about torn because we played in different factions and I didn't want to be intrusive lol.

For an extreme introvert irl like me, it had been quite an experience. Yeah both were surprised how reserved I actually was lol. I got used to not having friends for many years and now I do have friends. My boyfriend liked them both. I'm still trying to get used to it tbh. Suddenly I have to go to the mall or anywhere without any intention of going to work. Suddenly I have to watch my cigarette smoke and make sure people aren't uncomfortable around me.

Anyway I really recommend making friends in Torn. Yes, be careful ofc some people will take advantage of you for pixels. Torn is full of bad people. But it really depends on how you filter out the bad ones.