Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Jobs

Started by Tanari [3108824] on in Questions & Answers.

3 replies · 121 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Tanari [3108824]
So I have recently started working for a company instead of the baseline jobs Torn can give to improve your work stats- however I dont fully understand how it all works. Job point accumulate in what way, how to improve on being effective its all very confusing because theres no real guidelines to how it works and how I can benifit from working at all aside from yknow, the stats, boons, and I suppose the cash you can definately reel in; which I am not going to lie imo I always just crime my way up the cash flow.

Can someone fill me in on what working for a company actually can do and sort of well- dumb it down?

Thanks!
Stephen_Lynx [2869110]
>Job point accumulate in what way,
Same as system jobs. But the amount of points are equal to the amount of stars the company has, independent of your position.

>how to improve on being effective
Mainly stats. The rate of effectiveness is 100% for achieving the recommended stats and then I think you get 5 or 10 more every time you double the recommended. You can get 10 more with merits. You also lose effectiveness the more addiction you have, bosses usually tolerate SOME addiction, but don't expect many people to be okay when you got -50 effectiveness. After that you get some effectiveness just for being on that company for a while, I think it caps at 10 days or something. Your boss can also complete a course that will give everyone more effectiveness.

Personally, I'd suggest you first grind the grocer system job, then move on to education to unlock the education reduction perk and the best job stat training besides buying trains. Unless you got so much cash you can already afford buying trains. Your company is probably paying you f**k all, like 100k per day tops. That money will be negligible once you unlock flying and you are not getting perks or a meaningful amount of job stats either.