So I'm not the best at technology and this idea may be completely impossible to do. Excuse my ignorance if so but I've been thinking it would be cool if there was a bot or npc whoms battle stats and weapons you could customize to your liking and practice attacking them. Could try out different strategies , faction leaders could customize it for group attacks or events . It wouldn't use any e and you wouldn't gain anything from attacking it. It would more so just be to try out weapons and different combinations.
Battle bot ?
Started by Mr-Ty [2956578] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 31
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 50 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 51 / 100
- Engagement score
- 71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- RonBurgundy [71545]
· 42 likes ·
I agree, but only if it also helps you practice talking to women. That's scarier than any amount of battle stats to me. - Hoop [2234095]
· 11 likes ·
Try global chat - Chuck_Norris [2544593]
· 11 likes ·
Isn't that what your in-game spouse is for? 03:17:56 - 14/11/23 You used 25 energy attacking blackieza and defeated them (chain #2) [view] [image: i.imgur.com] This guy trying to lower my social score so I'll get in trouble with Big …
Mentioned in this thread
Test Dummy #1 [1500001] ×1 Test Dummy #2 [1500002] ×1 Test Dummy #3 [1500003] ×1
I agree, but only if it also helps you practice talking to women.
That's scarier than any amount of battle stats to me.
That's scarier than any amount of battle stats to me.
Try global chat
Cool suggestion I guess? I mean I think Proxima or someone had such a tool outside of Torn (one probably exists somewhere out there).
I've found global to actually not be that bad lol as long as you're not asking stupid questions or begging for shit most people seem cool.(:
Isn't that what your in-game spouse is for?
03:17:56 - 14/11/23 You used 25 energy attacking blackieza and defeated them (chain #2) [view]
[image: i.imgur.com]
This guy trying to lower my social score so I'll get in trouble with Big Daddy Xi.
03:17:56 - 14/11/23 You used 25 energy attacking blackieza and defeated them (chain #2) [view]
[image: i.imgur.com]
This guy trying to lower my social score so I'll get in trouble with Big Daddy Xi.
Hmmm I can't seem to find one! I'll try and ask him lol
a Dummy?
Yess exactly , like a training dummy or something
There are loads of inactives that basically serve this purpose, you just gotta know how to find them. The guide section has plenty of target lists!
You can’t pick the stats for the inactive, or setup their gear. You also waste energy when attacking them, and can’t attack them on repeat.
You kinda missed basically ALL of the reasons Mr Ty suggested this :-)
You kinda missed basically ALL of the reasons Mr Ty suggested this :-)
It would be extremely interesting with an attack simulator, where you could setup an opponent and your own gear/stats to reflect and go rounds, or set your "Dream build" with "Target BS" and so on.
I know much about the attack mechanics are known already but are there any really hidden ones? We also know pretty much all items that are in the game at the moment as well (with stats and bonuses etc)? RNG will always be a factor of course, and unless the simulator use the same or a similar RNG as Torn the results may be wildly different as well.
Anyway, I've seen some kind of spreadsheet floating around with similar things, but nothing I can recall or find now.
I know much about the attack mechanics are known already but are there any really hidden ones? We also know pretty much all items that are in the game at the moment as well (with stats and bonuses etc)? RNG will always be a factor of course, and unless the simulator use the same or a similar RNG as Torn the results may be wildly different as well.
Anyway, I've seen some kind of spreadsheet floating around with similar things, but nothing I can recall or find now.
Yes but taking away the energy bit makes the game boring.
This is an amazing suggestion. Let's us experiment with different rw weapon bonuses and how well our Armor is protecting us. Definitely R++
I think you definitely need an energy cost because otherwise you can get a lot of data very cheaply, negating a huge amount of risk
I recently bought a couple of new toys but haven't had a RW environment to test them. I've used them for missions etc. and if there was a free bot to fight I almost certainly would have spammed it until I was bored and disappointed with my weapons
Maybe 10 energy per use would be fair if you get nothing (not even weapon xp)
Or perhaps it's an item, 1m per use in bits n bobs. Not so expensive it prevents you from using it, but needs a bit of thought. Okay suggestion so far but needs a bit of refining imo
I recently bought a couple of new toys but haven't had a RW environment to test them. I've used them for missions etc. and if there was a free bot to fight I almost certainly would have spammed it until I was bored and disappointed with my weapons
Maybe 10 energy per use would be fair if you get nothing (not even weapon xp)
Or perhaps it's an item, 1m per use in bits n bobs. Not so expensive it prevents you from using it, but needs a bit of thought. Okay suggestion so far but needs a bit of refining imo
It is an awesom idea
Maybe so it doesn't get boring make it that a faction has to achieve it like the way some factions can make dirty bombs cause they have earned the right to make them
Maybe so it doesn't get boring make it that a faction has to achieve it like the way some factions can make dirty bombs cause they have earned the right to make them
Thank youuu! It would be really cool to mess around with ! Not sure how hard it would be to do though
I was talking primarily on an individual level, not faction. The idea has a lot of merit on that level, specially since those leading would enjoy that kind of thing or at least ones good at it.
Not a bad idea in honesty - but perhaps this belongs in the suggestions forum
if only Ched would give us a place to post suggestions...
R- anyway, it's way better to try loadouts and strategies with real fights.
for example you can bounty yourself and see what happens with different weapons, adjusting defend settings to your needs.
no similar PvE feature can have any positive effect on the game overall, at least in my experience with similar games.
R- anyway, it's way better to try loadouts and strategies with real fights.
for example you can bounty yourself and see what happens with different weapons, adjusting defend settings to your needs.
no similar PvE feature can have any positive effect on the game overall, at least in my experience with similar games.