Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Rice Cooker

Started by Hjinsk [3031979] on in Food & Cooking.

12 replies · 103 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Most-liked replies

Hjinsk [3031979]
My rice cooker has multiple uses. Rice, of course. I also use it to cook meat and vegetables. Stock is easy to make, but it is low volume. When I cook meat alone, in the cooker, I can make a decent stock with about one part bone-in meat to two parts water. The meat must be fresh, not frozen. Leave the fat on. You can skim it, later.
Xx420_KILLERxX [2716919]
I need a rice cooker. I keep swearing I'll buy one and never do. I'm trained in formal fine dinning french cuisine. I can make some killer dishes, but ask me to make rice. Burn it every god damn time.
KingRaccoon [2133481]
the best to make rice is boil the water, throw rice in cook it for 1 minutes, turn off and let it sit after 15 min sitting rice id done never burned
Ata [2507441]
Why is it called a rice cooker when you can cook anything else in it? Never heard of a rice cooker before.
MCSH [2855875]
You've never what?!
A rice cooker is seriously awesome, it's called rice cooker because that's what they are designed for, of course you can cook other things in it and they might support it but their primary purpose is rice.

In the most basic way, you wash rice, put it in it, add water (using the finger method) and add oil and salt and select the level you need and that's it. Come back when it dings.
Ata [2507441]
I have a pressure cooker that does that and 100 other meals.

I also don't have microwave, electric can opener, air fryer or electric strainer for citrus fruits xD
lotuslady [1959983]
Well you can also bake a cake in the rice cooker. Just google rice cooker recipes.
With rice cooker, you will save time, energy, and your rice will never get burn. It can also can be used to keep your rice warm for as long as you want.
Skyblue163 [2479075]
Boiled the rice dude with dim stove flame... If the water started to dry put it to steamer... That's the safest way to cook rice with stove without burnt it... You just need to know when the rice is cook by check it every 5 minutes... 10-20minutes is ok I guess...