Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is This Real Life? Giveaway

Started by Broski [876187] on in Fun & Games.

13 replies · 108 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
34 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

Broski [876187]
What in your life has changed since you've been playing Torn? How many times has it changed? What crazy stories can you share from your real life? What advice would you share with others about real life or torn through your journey? I'll be throwing random prizes to whoever I want depending on how your content affects me. From a piece of candy to a few donator packs. I'll post my own life drama near the end, as l've been here around half my life!
NRD2nd [2905417] Reporter
Since I have started playing Torn, lots of social things have been going wrong between me and my friends who quit long ago. They still make fun of me playing this game, and our relationship has been getting worse. It's gotten to the point that I've had to stop being friends with a few people such as the Torn player Jacobii, Sam34, and Lukewarmwater1. I've seriously considered quitting at many points, but something always draws me back in.
Flamingwarhawc [3114941]
I am a newer player to this game and i really enjoy it, it is in a way a breakaway from the real world where you can do some very cool and random things. I started playing this game and in the first day i found some very nice people (AKA my fraction) and i managed to get lucky to get into a decent job. however i feel like you have to play this game a lot to become successful and if you want to not get kicked from your fraction/job/marriage/PI.
Salfatore [2976745]
Okay, here is a pretty interesting story from my life.

I have a rather boring job in finance. It's not very exciting, despite what some people may think. Most of the time, I find myself in meetings with older individuals. In the past, I would just nod and pretend to be somewhat interested. Now, I often act as if I have something very important to write for a client. In reallity im playing torn.

Many of my colleagues gaze at me with utmost displeasure during these moments. However, I couldn't care less, you know?

The more I play Torn, the more I realize how much I actually despise my job. It has pointed me back to my old passion, and I am currently seeking a new job in that field.

In the next few months, I will probably make a lot of changes. Maybe I don't need a bigger home if I'm never actually there. And all the material possessions I acquire with money? They seem pointless in the end.

It's strange, but most of the time, I just need some good sleep and food. Going out to eat? Why bother when I can cook quite well myself? Need a new smartphone? What's the point? Enjoy music? Maybe I'll start playing the piano again or learn something new.

Overall, this realization has made me acknowledge a lot of things I had been trying to ignore, and it has shown me how much my life had been driven by money in a way that only made me sadder.
swirly [1718674]
I started playing when the game was first starting I think. I started playing back a few months ago more consistently. Since then I've found out I'm gonna be a dad and had my second wedding anniversary. Turns cool cause I can do all the things I wish I could do in real life lol. My advice is don't take everything so heavily. Just go with the flow and let life come at you.
Purson [3092328]
I just wanna say that this game basically messed my daily sleep routine because of Travel and Drug timer lol, nothing crazy but whatever
Abeloec [3150585]
Just got into Torn and nothing much has changed so far. I do wake up looking forward to spending my energy and nerve and seeing if anyone tried to sneaky me for the change in my pockets while I was asleep. I was told the game actually starts at 15 so until then, im just trying to level and help my buddy when I can with his Torn shenanigans
DocFox [2664828]
When I first started here, I'll admit, I was quite confused. I lacked purpose, guidance, and overall felt very lost. I left for a while, discouraged with my progress, and when I returned I realized that I hadn't really set any goals for myself. I became a medic, trained up my skills, and realized that I thoroughly enjoyed the playstyle. But more than that--I realized that I'd regained my joy of helping people. Unlike becoming stronger in combat or richer or more popular, helping others has real world value; you can't beat putting a smile on the face of the person behind the character you've assisted. ^^

I reconnected with my old frame of mind, the one that felt fulfillment from truly helping others back in my forum days maybe 20 years ago. I was a forum therapist back then, listening to people and helping them overcome the issues that plagued them. And it really made me feel incredible, knowing that my actions weren't self-serving, but actually had a real world positive impact. Torn helped me regain that contentment.

I began to freevive, as I viewed it as a way of helping people--not just the characters--but the people behind those characters more effectively reach their goals on Torn. And in turn, that random act of kindness that I show others could inspire them to want to perpetuate that unto others. And much to my surprise, it took hold. Many people reached out to me and expressed they want to do what I've been doing, so I founded a coalition of like-minded folks that made it their goal to help others, too.

I've since tried to show that same compassion in my real life interactions, trying to make my mark on the world one of positivity. I want that to be the legacy I leave behind. I'm thankful to Torn and its playerbase for helping me realize what matters to me again.
advert [2267832]
when I first started playing Torn, I was a bum at home… needless to say my activity in Torn was through the roof lol

now I have three jobs and am barely home, had to do most “torn work” in my cellphone which isn’t an easy task if you’re used to playing on the PC…


(btw my activity is still high but arguably less so, typing this reply right now on my break)

my advice : run away from this game before addiction sets in… or is it too late? lol
QueenOfNothing [2746730]
Torn has a vast community of people who like to connect outside of the game, so like discord and such. I have learned and it continuously is a challenge to NOT trust or get close to people on this game which SEEMS like a no brainer, it's a crime game but when you talk and virtually hangout with people a lot it's hard not to trust people. ANYWAYS, also friends come and go and it's truly beautiful. I've made new friends on forums that make up for the older ones that have grown apart.
Tharlene [3082658]
To be fair I just started this year, so technically it hasn't impacted my RL much. Ok, well maybe a bit, this area is somewhere between GTA and an odd version of Scrabble, with almost no sound. Happily, the hours I'm whiling away playing around here to my parents, sound like I'm looking for an RL job, so thank you for helping to keep up appearances. I suppose it has kept me out of trouble by doing things that aren't exactly legal, fun definitely, just not legal yet. I get to go to the casino every day, whereas IRL it would take an hour to get to a casino which isn't in the state I'm in. Then once I get there, I'm the only white person in an Indian run casino. Sadly, I'm not close to Las Vegas, NV. The other stop would be the dump, however, RL dumps have an appalling stench, and no one there lets you pick anything up. Worse than that is the fact that RL actually has the gault to charge for every load taken to the dump. Sigh, and on top of the stench, the fees, then there's also the fact that there are always crows hanging around, rotten little birds that poo on everything you own. So, yeah, I'm probably spending more time at your dump than the local town dump IRL. However, your casino could use a little sprucing up, maybe more than 1 slot machine would be nice, stripper themed would be good too. Ok, you don't have to go all the way, but one that had items associated with that line of work might be interesting. Sigh, might get back to this eventually, RL interrupts again.
baoxue [3134247]
damn it, now i'll unlock my phone empty my E & N bar and start a race everytime i wake up at the midnight. making me harder to back to sleep
sometimes i wonder does it really worth it