The guy wanted Dps not a sub. How do u know he only wanted to buy 1? We don’t even know if he’s a restart or not. If not then he only got less than 3 hours in the game. Torn isn’t everyone’s cup of tea so most new players quit after a few hours in. You see my point?
Question regarding payment methods
Started by Tandarts [3154288] on in Questions & Answers.
Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
His username is ‘dentist’, and iirc they don’t allow you to buy large quantities of DPs at once until you’ve bought them multiple times. Also, assuming he’ll blow a ton of money as opposed to 1-5 DPs worth is quite the assumption too. Plenty of games you have to spend dozens of dollars on without even spending a minute playing them.
This is what you'd need to do to sub anyway with PayPal.
The restriction OP is describing is unusual and not known to me without knowing further information. Although, unless there's something they are not being entirely truthful about, the only scenario I can see where PayPal would be restricting this as he describes is if there is some suspicious circumstances involved with this bank account, or a fault or verification issue on PayPal's side that he would need to clarify with them and thus out of our control.
The restriction OP is describing is unusual and not known to me without knowing further information. Although, unless there's something they are not being entirely truthful about, the only scenario I can see where PayPal would be restricting this as he describes is if there is some suspicious circumstances involved with this bank account, or a fault or verification issue on PayPal's side that he would need to clarify with them and thus out of our control.
We have plans to rebuild the donation system and are currently working on the systems and setups for this.
It's quite an extensive project as we need to be sure it works perfectly first time for several reasons, revenues being an important one of course, but also we want to ensure these are no critical bugs that might allow accidental bug abuses.
The donation system is also very old, based on a lot of legacy coding and is particularly fragile, it's so old we even use legacy PayPal systems.
Once this is complete it shouldn't affect existing subs, we'd need to run both the old system alongside any new one (as we can't transfer the some 17k subs to any new systems without cancelling them)
Once we've finished we should be able to support substantially more payment options as well as our existing ones through a much greater simplified payments portal, ensuring players from all over the world are no longer limited in terms of what is available.
Cash though? No.
It's quite an extensive project as we need to be sure it works perfectly first time for several reasons, revenues being an important one of course, but also we want to ensure these are no critical bugs that might allow accidental bug abuses.
The donation system is also very old, based on a lot of legacy coding and is particularly fragile, it's so old we even use legacy PayPal systems.
Once this is complete it shouldn't affect existing subs, we'd need to run both the old system alongside any new one (as we can't transfer the some 17k subs to any new systems without cancelling them)
Once we've finished we should be able to support substantially more payment options as well as our existing ones through a much greater simplified payments portal, ensuring players from all over the world are no longer limited in terms of what is available.
Cash though? No.
I can nearly imagine a shady dealer offering weed, drugs and Torn cards for cash... Lol.
I look forward to see the new payment methods.
I look forward to see the new payment methods.
I had a blue name on day 2. It’s just one of them things ?
smh @ ched not accepting my briefcase full of canadian monopoly money
You don't have to cancel anyone! Just hold a promotion everyone gets a free year of sub u til a set date. On said date everyone one will come out of sub status at the same same than you can make the switch!!
There's still a ton of DP money to be had so everyone is a winner!
There's still a ton of DP money to be had so everyone is a winner!
Damn, so I won't be able to mail you a nice green photo of Abraham Lincoln every month to pay for my sub?
It is most definitely a PayPal issue. You can link a card and bank account separately and they can only be connected to one account at a time to prevent fraudulent use
Rich people things can’t relate
If you do that you pay tax on it but if you do it directly through the torn website on PayPal you don't pay tax,
I’m only rich in torn dollars haha
No idea what this means. Pretty sure the price is the same for me either way?
Rich people things cannot relate 2x
When I pay with Google play it ends up costing me a little more than if I di it through the torn website, so for 25 donator packs it's 104 instead of 98.75
Interesting, thanks. I only sub, so I don't know much about the DP costs
I think it may be the same with subbing but I'm not totally sure cause I never really worry about it
Thank you. I'll just have to wait until I can subscribe, but I'm glad to hear things are in the works.