.
Amusing Ways to be kicked from Factions
Started by DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 128 / 128 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
tbh I would let people know, then go ghost instead - especially when others are affected by what happens, your faction and company deserve a 'oh this crazy thing irl happened, I'll be back in a little while' is fast and easy and expected
if you just don't want to get online in the game, that's another thing too - but if you just ghost everyone without saying ANYTHING then idk that hurts other people that rely on you too
if you just don't want to get online in the game, that's another thing too - but if you just ghost everyone without saying ANYTHING then idk that hurts other people that rely on you too
I didn't come on for 6 or 7 months and got kicked. The co leader at the time didn't understand that OG members shouldn't be kicked.
Oh, I let them know what happened. It just didn’t matter to them.
I once changed my name to be very similar to one of the leaders (capital i instead of L) for the memes and got booted real fast. 10/10 would do again
this is more common than you think lol
Little bit of context here:
You weren't kicked for saving a chain, you were kicked for risking a chain in order to chase the chain saver merit. it was a critical point in the war, you'd asked a dozen times that day if you could go for it and been told no, we can't risk it at this point, we'll set up a chain outside of wars to get it for everyone. Our previous chain died because you tried the same stunt and failed.
This wasn't the sole reason you were kicked though. This was the end of a string of selfish actions putting minor personal gains ahead of the faction, not listening to instructions, breaking faction rules and generally annoying people. You'd been warned multiple times that you needed to be a team player, but you still didn't want to be, unless the team was all about you.
You've also said that you got "One HELL of a mail I got ranting about me as well", but didn't post the evidence when asked. I assume you mean the one from me, so here it is for reference:
None of us are really buying this line. You made it clear from the beginning that you had no intention of making a full effort on this chain. You agreed when pushed into it, but then didn't deliver. You can get 50+ hits when being paid for it, but if there's no direct benefit to you, suddenly it's not possible. Yes RL gets in the way sometimes, but you were easily online enough to make your hits. You found time to enter a race (potential personal gain), but couldn't get a few more hits in.
You then agree to a second chain, but can't make it because you've maxed out medical cd by self-hosping so you can open your bazaar for personal gain.
When you're finally out of options, you start making hits, but still looking out for #1, trying to get merits, even when told not to.
This faction needs team players. If that doesn't suit you, maybe it's time to move on.
We gave you the benefit of the doubt so many times. We had a lot of long discussions between the leadership, mostly saying he's just a kid, always chasing after the next shiny thing - if we can just get him pointed in the right direction, he'll do well. Some had been calling for you to be kicked months earlier, some had fought your corner. We did everything we could to help you, but it was never enough.
You weren't kicked for saving a chain, you were kicked for risking a chain in order to chase the chain saver merit. it was a critical point in the war, you'd asked a dozen times that day if you could go for it and been told no, we can't risk it at this point, we'll set up a chain outside of wars to get it for everyone. Our previous chain died because you tried the same stunt and failed.
This wasn't the sole reason you were kicked though. This was the end of a string of selfish actions putting minor personal gains ahead of the faction, not listening to instructions, breaking faction rules and generally annoying people. You'd been warned multiple times that you needed to be a team player, but you still didn't want to be, unless the team was all about you.
You've also said that you got "One HELL of a mail I got ranting about me as well", but didn't post the evidence when asked. I assume you mean the one from me, so here it is for reference:
None of us are really buying this line. You made it clear from the beginning that you had no intention of making a full effort on this chain. You agreed when pushed into it, but then didn't deliver. You can get 50+ hits when being paid for it, but if there's no direct benefit to you, suddenly it's not possible. Yes RL gets in the way sometimes, but you were easily online enough to make your hits. You found time to enter a race (potential personal gain), but couldn't get a few more hits in.
You then agree to a second chain, but can't make it because you've maxed out medical cd by self-hosping so you can open your bazaar for personal gain.
When you're finally out of options, you start making hits, but still looking out for #1, trying to get merits, even when told not to.
This faction needs team players. If that doesn't suit you, maybe it's time to move on.
We gave you the benefit of the doubt so many times. We had a lot of long discussions between the leadership, mostly saying he's just a kid, always chasing after the next shiny thing - if we can just get him pointed in the right direction, he'll do well. Some had been calling for you to be kicked months earlier, some had fought your corner. We did everything we could to help you, but it was never enough.
this, i call BS
sounds gay
bullshit.
I was kicked from my first ever faction with 80% percent of the rest of the leadership team, the owner tried to spin the narrative to members like we were planning to scam the owner out of ownership lol
The real reason was that the owner created a TV company crowd-funded by us, and ofc they decided to keep the $ after selling it, so all people involved had to go to avoid uncomfortable discord messages XD
Funny shit, especially that this moron is in fed now due to cheating and the faction itself fell apart shortly after.
The real reason was that the owner created a TV company crowd-funded by us, and ofc they decided to keep the $ after selling it, so all people involved had to go to avoid uncomfortable discord messages XD
Funny shit, especially that this moron is in fed now due to cheating and the faction itself fell apart shortly after.
You stealing a bonus hit putting it on a target not ment for? Thats funny in your eyes. Be glad Chedburn turned Torn into a soft farm Ville or u would of been perma hosp for this.
I wonder which war this was lol
I was offered the chance of becoming a PT-Family lead but didn't want to leave Calculated as I was so invested in leading it, and it needed an actual dedicated and active leader. My dream was to make it anywhere near as good as NS II, or at least catch up with IronHearts. As with leaders before me, I got manoeuvred out by people clinging onto a position they could no longer live up to. So I resolved to leave peacefully - albeit after a little burned out forum mantrum. Upper management unwisely decided to "assert dominance" while I was in the middle of returning my gear to leave, so I goaded them into kicking me instead.
I loved the group and still miss people there at times, but it was the best thing I ever did.
I loved the group and still miss people there at times, but it was the best thing I ever did.
I got kicked once for not chaining on valentines weekend.
I told them I wouldn't because I was away, got kicked for choosing banging my Mrs over some lame farmville chain.
That's why none war chains are banned here, because its shit
I told them I wouldn't because I was away, got kicked for choosing banging my Mrs over some lame farmville chain.
That's why none war chains are banned here, because its shit
I had sent the mail to whoever asked in private. Shocker but I also censored out names and exact faction I was kicked from.
The way I have it(and have messages of it) being that i wasn't available for the chain, so I said I wasn't going to fully stack. As a leader myself, if someone gives me advance notice, thats great, it means I can account for them not showing up.
The chain was going to die, it wasn't just me, but 2 others also going for a hit at that moment, I just hapepend to make it on an eay ass target. It wasn't a bonus hit, so no respect was lost. Chain was going to die, nobody else was hitting.
You have a go for me getting the merit, you know what would of been better, if the chance for the merit wasn't available. Shit chain planning is not my fault. And also, the mail wasn't from you, it was from G.
The terms that I was given if I "Wanted to return to the faction" were straight up dictoral as well, after passing them around numerous people, everyone agreed that I was better off going my own way after.
• You do not join another faction at any point in those 7 days • Upon return, you will put the team before personal gain and participate as fully as possible in all faction events
• You will follow all instructions given to you by members of the leadership team
• You will moderate your interaction in public forums. Do not be negative about faction activities, do not boast about business dealings etc
And after looking through my DM's with various members, I found this message that I sent in a mail(I think it was to G, but I found the draft in a discord msg)
I would like to apologise for my attitude towards the most recent chains, however if you allow me, I would like to counter your statement about me aiming for the chain saviour merit. You state that I let a chain die trying to get the merit, I would like to go against that, and say that I was away at the time, showering. Meaning I wasn't online to even attempt the merit and potentially put the chain at risk."And for the second chain, it was pure coincidence that I got a message on Torn and tabbed over from Reddit seeing that the chain was low. If I hadn't made that hit, the chain would have died as there was no chain watcher actually watching the chain to catch it.
But anyway, the entire faction family decided to betray RoD halfway through the War letting BBB and others break into the back lines, so ultimetly, no remorse is held towards them. Also can say that I beat G's faction in a RW, as much as I had guests over, little bit of fun :D
The way I have it(and have messages of it) being that i wasn't available for the chain, so I said I wasn't going to fully stack. As a leader myself, if someone gives me advance notice, thats great, it means I can account for them not showing up.
The chain was going to die, it wasn't just me, but 2 others also going for a hit at that moment, I just hapepend to make it on an eay ass target. It wasn't a bonus hit, so no respect was lost. Chain was going to die, nobody else was hitting.
You have a go for me getting the merit, you know what would of been better, if the chance for the merit wasn't available. Shit chain planning is not my fault. And also, the mail wasn't from you, it was from G.
The terms that I was given if I "Wanted to return to the faction" were straight up dictoral as well, after passing them around numerous people, everyone agreed that I was better off going my own way after.
• You do not join another faction at any point in those 7 days • Upon return, you will put the team before personal gain and participate as fully as possible in all faction events
• You will follow all instructions given to you by members of the leadership team
• You will moderate your interaction in public forums. Do not be negative about faction activities, do not boast about business dealings etc
And after looking through my DM's with various members, I found this message that I sent in a mail(I think it was to G, but I found the draft in a discord msg)
I would like to apologise for my attitude towards the most recent chains, however if you allow me, I would like to counter your statement about me aiming for the chain saviour merit. You state that I let a chain die trying to get the merit, I would like to go against that, and say that I was away at the time, showering. Meaning I wasn't online to even attempt the merit and potentially put the chain at risk."And for the second chain, it was pure coincidence that I got a message on Torn and tabbed over from Reddit seeing that the chain was low. If I hadn't made that hit, the chain would have died as there was no chain watcher actually watching the chain to catch it.
But anyway, the entire faction family decided to betray RoD halfway through the War letting BBB and others break into the back lines, so ultimetly, no remorse is held towards them. Also can say that I beat G's faction in a RW, as much as I had guests over, little bit of fun :D
Nah wasn't a bonus hit, the chain was about to die and I made a hit. wasn't anywhere near a bonus if I recall correctly.
edit : If it was a bonus hit I would have understood the kicking tbh.
edit : If it was a bonus hit I would have understood the kicking tbh.
Thanks for the clarification. Adding OP to blacklist.
You raise a good point there - we did try to give you an opportunity to just make it a one week suspension rather than a full booting. We hoped you may finally learn a lesson from it and come back more focused and able to be the asset you always had the potential to be.
We put conditions on the potential return to see if you could start being a team player. Not joining other factions was there so that it wasn't just a holiday where you could go mercing for a week and not learn anything.
Posting disparaging things about the faction was one of the reasons you were on your last warning, so we asked you to moderate your posting - not trying to gag you entirely, just wanted you to think about what you post. It seems that you still may not have learned that one.
You're right that the chain was about to die, but that's only because the person who had volunteered to chain watch (you) let it get that way. Others quickly tried to jump in when it looked like you were going to fail (again).
It wasn't an isolated incident, but rather than spell things out, maybe it's just time for you to stop digging.
You have your own faction now, which I'm sure will start to make progress soon and with all the practice you've had as a company director, I'm sure your 10th attempt to run one will finally find the success that's eluded you in the other 9.
Good luck with it all.
We put conditions on the potential return to see if you could start being a team player. Not joining other factions was there so that it wasn't just a holiday where you could go mercing for a week and not learn anything.
Posting disparaging things about the faction was one of the reasons you were on your last warning, so we asked you to moderate your posting - not trying to gag you entirely, just wanted you to think about what you post. It seems that you still may not have learned that one.
You're right that the chain was about to die, but that's only because the person who had volunteered to chain watch (you) let it get that way. Others quickly tried to jump in when it looked like you were going to fail (again).
It wasn't an isolated incident, but rather than spell things out, maybe it's just time for you to stop digging.
You have your own faction now, which I'm sure will start to make progress soon and with all the practice you've had as a company director, I'm sure your 10th attempt to run one will finally find the success that's eluded you in the other 9.
Good luck with it all.