Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Should I migrate to Crimes 2.0?

Started by Draco [1648828] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 233 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
23
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Draco [1648828]
Okay, so this might be a dumb question, but I just started playing Torn again and found out Crimes 2.0 is here. When I stopped playing around 8 months ago, we were still joking about Crimes 2.0 being a myth, a dream, a figment of Ched's imagination. Something that might be released 40 years down the line when our children's children are playing Torn. Imagine my surprise when I logged back on to find it almost completely released.


Anyway, reading through the announcement, I saw

- Everyone will be able to complete a migration process to Crimes 2.0 voluntarily. Once a player has migrated, they cannot return back to the old system. This is an optional process and will remain so for a long time.

Since this is an irreversible decision, I just wanted to ask, are there any downsides to it? Is there any benefit to holding off and not migrating yet?


Edit: Follow-up question, how does this affect the crime merits/honours?
VanilaNightmare [2310825]
I too took a break from the game during which time Crimes 2.0 was made available. I held off for a few weeks unsure myself but I'll tell you, I'm glad I made the jump.

Its actually fun to use nerve now, as opposed to Crimes 1.0 that was just mindless clicking. I dont know that it can match the $$ making of something like Hacking in 1.0 so if thats your priority, it may not make sense...yet. If you are looking for something that is more fun and interesting, absolutely do it
Antherian [2765318]
I kept my original honors and merits, however you gain a ton more merits from the new crimes. I don't regret it, only things you really do over there is steal jackets or burn a warehouse. So far there's not a single thing I've thought of that's made me regret the move.

EDIT: Wackedmaki made a good point on the cash side of things.
WhackedMaki [2587660]
The only reason not to move over is because you highly value Hack FBI as an income source. C2.0 doesn't have anything to match that in pay, but in every other way its better.
Larold [2304383]
The TL;DR consensus of most of the Torn community so far:

- 2.0 is more fun, and crimes require more thought / timing
- There are no safe crimes in 2.0 (Some get up to "super-duper likely to succeed" but no 100% crimes.)
- It is believed that if you want to get on a PA team, best route is still to stick with 1.0, spam arsons to get that CE up. CE gains to seem to be nice in 2.0, but there's some RNG that makes it difficult to pin down and quantify, and likely nothing currently exists in 2.0 approaching the CE gains of arsons.
- As mentioned, nothing comes close to replacing Hacking income (yet) in 2.0
- There are reports of NNB increases seeming to come a bit faster in 2.0
- Most players will gain more merits than they lose upon switching; the transition process will tell you how many before you commit to switching
- Only lowish-tier crimes have been released in 2.0; the heavier hitting stuff will be released in the future.
- Vast majority of players who switched to 2.0 do not regret doing so

I'm confident I will loudly be told where I am wrong.
- L
Zauriel [2880793]
And dont plan to much with PA. Once OC 2.0 is out (i think posphoned till january) PAs will be over and we have to see if there is something replacing it. In my opinion its worth migrating over to 2.0 especially when you were away such a long time.
MightyGoober [812478]
> It is believed that if you want to get on a PA team, best route is still to stick with 1.0, spam arsons to get that CE up.

...

> There are reports of NNB increases seeming to come a bit faster in 2.0

I think these contradict each other. In my opinion, you could get on a PA team faster with crimes 2.0
Larold [2304383]
Agreed - they are contradictory. I don't know if there's a firm consensus yet on one route vs. the other getting to PAs the quickest.
There's also a little bit of RNG-disconnect now between CE gains and NNB gains, but not enough to decisively declare that 1.0 or 2.0 is the fast-track to PAs.
CockyNudist [2209950]
I've passed a couple people on the ce list in our faction since they switched to 2.0, and they have yet to pass me back.

Of course, I'm gonna be screwed when I finally switch and need to do all those low level crimes to finish off the merits, but at least for now I appear to have slightly higher ce gains
Fetheryhorse6 [2317488]
But the fun aspect makes sure most people who would ignore crimes before are now using every nerve they get

ive got 43.3k “extra” nerve with 2.0 when before I only used 8k extra
according to https://torn.report/nerve

and I doubled my crimes done in that time