Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[LF] Proximity Chat

Started by M3L [2920656] on in Tools & Userscripts.

38 replies · 728 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

M3L [2920656]
I'm looking for something that connects the different areas of torn City so that if two people are in the same area such as hospital or faction wall they can speak through proximity. I would also like it to move people through the calls automatically based on where they are. Preferably with an option to select which open tab you want to be in the area of

I'm not asking for this to be a torn feature. Private use with faction and friends

I only thought of this because someone brought up the fact you can play this on the Oculus Quest 2 browser so I thought it would be a cool idea.
MunkyBone [2493877]
I think this needs to go into Suggestions?

It is a web based text game though. We don't have VOIP. Unless I am missing something again?

Did chats 2.0 implement a calling feature? Am I on hold? Can I get an operator please?

[image: media3.giphy.com]
Marijuana [2400689]
They have hospital chat, jail chat, flying chat and faction chat. There's no need for a chat room for every area in torn.
M3L [2920656]
I'm not suggesting it be added into Torn, I get tired of typing sometimes. It's for personal use, can I use the API somehow to put people in certain voice rooms on another app such as discord
M3L [2920656]
So you can get every other bit of information from torn transfered to discord but you cant share your location? Cause that makes sense
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
Just use any dictation method then, most phones have it built in, Windows will do it with Windows key and H mate. This was typed using the Windows key and H method.
M3L [2920656]
At the very least you can detect what browser link is open and connect that to a voice channel, it's possible. This post is here for someone that knows what they are doing so keep trolling and bumping it until they arrive
M3L [2920656]
Yeah that's why it switches your chatroom automatically. Your on the wall chatting with your buddy and boom your in the hospital with people begging for revives. Might be easier to be active in all the different calls and mute automatically when not on a certain tab. But discord can't do that
EarthFireMonkey [2620167]
What if i have 10 browser tabs all on different locations? What if I don't want others to know those locations... such as stocks or slots where money might be moving.

I don't belive what you are suggesting is possible. And if it was, it would be entirely abusable.
M3L [2920656]
Abusable? You can do anything with "proximity chat" you can do in a normal call.. and if someone says something that gives you information to mug them that's not abusive, that's how chat works already
M3L [2920656]
"Preferably with an option to select which open tab you want to be in the area of" in the original post. My only means to solving that. Could also just not have those areas enabled for VC