21 replies · 510 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
flare[2195157]Officer
· 3 likes · People have had this suggestion before and the main reasons against it are: - It really serve's no purpose as you can only carry a set amount of items - You could infinitely fly from place to place without every …
I was wondering if anyone has asked, or given a reason against, why flying between other destinations on the map isnt possible here in TORN? just thinking it would be nice to be able to fly between countries and wondered why it wasnt a thing. what are peoples thoughts on this?
Flying is as profitable as it is because it sucks. If you make it not suck a lot more people will do it which will kill it's profitablity. (In b4 "oh no, my flying income!")
If I could fly forever, I'd just take off with $20-30 mil on me and fly around all day collecting flowers, plushies, drugs, with timers and I'd only return to Torn at night to land and sleep.
A lot of players would do the same, and the game would be boring.
The passport issued by the government of Torn is not recognized as valid by any country. Normally what would happen when someone does not have a valid passport is they will be detained and put on the next flight back to where they came from.
Because of our reputation for lawlessness, violence (especially while in custody) and not staying in a foreign country for too long, the countries that will allow our flights to land have cut a deal. They won't arrest us and will let us roam free within certain areas of the airport so long as every flight that departs goes straight back to Torn.
I very much doubt that it’s “meant to be boring and a time waster” as if someone designed it with that sole purpose 0.o the fact that it is is subjective.
Regardless of anyone's opinions, this has been asked dozens of times, and the only factual information we have is that Ched stated this is a planned feature. No updates since then so that's all you can state as an answer.
I'm sure you do. Most people think anything that will benefit them is a good idea, regardless of it's overall impact.
There is no realm of possibility that enabling everyone level 15 and above to remain in constant flight during an entire ranked war is beneficial to the game.
I wouldn't begin to know where to find it, but I have read it, so it does exist somewhere.
The thing is the post itself is from at least 4 years ago. I want to say from 2017 but can't remember for sure. Regardless was from the time before ranked wars were released and no word on it since.
The release of ranked wars was a huge thing, that caused a ripple effect of other changes and adjustments to game mechanics to keep them from being abused during wars. **Being unnattackable overseas after 7 days instead of 24 hours comes to mind.** So it is a distinct possibility that ched may have changed his mind on this issue seeing its potential for abuse, it's not like he would make a post about changing his mind. Or maybe he didn't, I don't know. Hence it being subjective.