Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Not worth it?

Started by J--- [3137109] on in General Discussion.

62 replies · 1.6k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 63 / 63 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
63
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

J--- [3137109]
Going to the trouble of collecting plushies by the set to sell them for barely measurable profit is a waste.
CHANGE MY MIND.

*edit: am i missing something that makes this something to chase?
J--- [3137109]
ahhh its just that i was reading that you net around a 50k profit by selling them by the set but i did the math and its less than 10k. posted in this forum to see if there was something that i was missing. I figured that there had to be a reason to make it worth flying all over to put the sets together.
Asbestos [2605613]
Hmm. Maybe there is something about the plushie economy that you haven’t discovered in the past 36 days.


If only there were some guides.
Sepulchrave [2092631]
He's right, though - Museum Day is a waste of time, and so is flying for flowers and plushies. It's the next-to-greenleaf stage of Torn life, and the sooner shucked the better.
Triarius22 [2763264]
I don't doubt you but many of us are nowhere near lv 100 with over 5 years in.

Running plushies is still a thing for me making millions a day. I just don't have a passive income or working capital to lock down better options. Yet. That or I'm missing something.

As for profit, a quick trip to Canada turns $200ish to $10,000ish 29 times in about an hour. Other countries and goods pay more. Selling a single plushie from farther places easily exceeds your 50k profit and on most days, I can do this 29 times single a trip. Hard to complain about several million a day with minimal effort and risk.

While I do take advantage of Museum Day, I don't hold low-margin assets long-term like some.
Grafiti [1557036]
When flying you want to be maximizing your profit per minute. You don't need to sell it by sets, just fly to China or UAE (which provides the best profit per minute) and sell your plushies. You don't need to fly all around the world to gather some sets and then sell them, because you are wasting your time flying for cheaper plushies, time which you could spend flying for more profitable ones.
Sepulchrave [2092631]
It's a stage, like bed-wetting, or pimples, but I don't deny that some people enjoy it. ;)

When I began playing Torn my goal was never to become a travelling salesman. Like most of us, I flew for years to pay for my daily xanax, but it was a big relief to stop and live off other, less time-consuming income sources.
Triarius22 [2763264]
LOL Of the two, I'll take pimples.

Still, before I head to work I fly to a 2 hour away destination with about 25k. If someone wants to rob me for a few thousand for their 25e, so be it. Sometime at work, I buy stuff and head back. So it doesn't cut into my playing time much at all. Still, I am actively building up other income sources and assets like stock blocks and such. But I just blew a lot on a yacht and an inexpensive RW primary weapon - got to have some fun too between squishing pimples!