Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

randomly 403 errors

Started by wishy [2523301] on in Bugs & Issues.

65 replies · 1.02k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 66 / 66 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

PurpleFire [2868362] Committee Committee
Already using VPN.

Errors all day yesterday and today.

Use Violent Monkey because I need the better chat script and several scripts that make crimes 2.0 more accessible.

Without these, chat and crimes 2.0 are either unusable, or extremely frustrating, so not going to disable Violent Monkey.

Apparently, a large number of users are getting the errors and do not have Violent or Tamper Monkey installed, so I see less reason to disable it.

I have rebooted pc, cleared cache and cookies several times.

Helps for about 20 - 30 minutes, then starts again.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I've enabled the service so these errors will begin to appear once again.

Please try to disable your browser extensions and tools, or try incognito mode. We're thinking this may be a 3rd party script suddenly triggering it for players.
Pops [1025410]
same errors, appears to be related to dogshit chat 2.0 because i get an array of spam connections to that followed by the cloudflare verification
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I've disabled the rule again and will continue investigating. It seems to be unrelated to chat. Chat's connection issues are expected to be resolved this week.