Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Userscript+PDA] Better Chat

Started by DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee on in Tools & Userscripts.

91 replies · 7.92k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 92 / 92 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

PurpleFire [2868362] Committee Committee
Had an issue where the close button was only minimizing chats while using a screen reader.

Issue was resolved very quickly. Everything seems to be working properly now for screen readers. At least in my own experience.

Everything except the 'connecting to server' lol. If only that could be sorted out with a script.

Thank you again. :)
Rilence [2625339]
Please try add this code would help for mobile version always show faction company those button:

new MutationObserver((_, observer) => {
const miniMenus = CommonUtilities.findByClass(document, "minimized-menus__wrapper");
if (miniMenus) {
miniMenus.style.display = "flex";
miniMenus.style.height = "100%";
}
const miniMenusMobile = CommonUtilities.findByClass(document, "minimized-menus__mobile-wrapper");
if (miniMenusMobile) {
miniMenusMobile.style.display = "none";
}

const chatList = CommonUtilities.findByClass(document, "chat-app__chat-list-chat-box-wrapper___");
if (!chatList) return;
PurpleFire [2868362] Committee Committee
The 'people' button was not reading out the numbers to indicate unread messages for screen readers.

Once again, I reported this and ask for a possible fix.

Problem resolved within the hour.
J0se [3080876]
Hi. It's great.
Can i ask you for profile pics to be shown as an optional thing (maybe putting a variable to switch it)? Please I guide myself with their avatars very often.
Also how can you do group chats ? :o
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
Everything is togglable already. Open the people tab, and then click 'BS'. That will open a popup where you can change everything.
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
Using the latest version and it's doing everything you've said. :-D

The biggest issue just now, after releasing the group chat boxes from their Chat 2.d'oh! prison, seems to be that with multiple P2P boxes on-screen, some of the older ones get pushed off the left of the screen (on mobile). I keep the trading and global boxes hidden anyway, which lessens the issue slightly and they can obviously still be accessed from the People box, I just thought it was worth mentioning for feedback purposes. :-)
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
With all boxes enabled.

[image: i.imgur.com]

As I said, (in this instance) 1 and a half boxes are currently chilling in the off-screen void. X-D

(Are you not seeing this on your own phone? For reference, it's still via TornPDA)


To be clear, it's not a big deal really, at least not yet, it just seemed worth mentioning as feedback.
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
I also use PDA, but my phone probably is a bit wider and I don't travel so no travel icon at all.
I don't know how to fix it, except for letting you disable the feature. I could force the feature to be off on smaller screens, but I'd rather not have to do that.
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
I mean, it's a 6.5 inch screen, so not exactly small X-D but, I take your point.

As I said, hardly a deal-breaker but, slightly reduces its ease of use. Seemingly, it's something that's being "worked on" for the native code *cue a 15 year time lapse scene* so, hopefully this is just a short-term issue.
Exie [2223878] Moderator Official
The script won't save settings on my PC or mobile. Resets the highlight color to green and compact view (which is way too compact imo) every time I load/reload a page.
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
Thanks for the report (and the extra reminder in Discord).

Looked into it and my big technical update (3.0.0) broke the loading of the settings. This is now fixed in 3.0.1. It will use the last settings that you saved, so make sure to double check your settings.
Anblick [2268363]
Seems to have fixed the most annoying part of chat 2.0 which was re-opening closed chats everytime I clicked to open a new page. Thanks for this!
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
If that got fixed, I can't take the credit for it as that's something that the script does not change. Chedburn did indicate that fixes were coming this week though, so it's likely that this has been done then, finally.
Wenno [2757277]
Did a bunch of shit get broke this morning? I don't normally use your chat script, but the TornTools message highlight seems to of been broke when I woke up this morning. So I tried your script, and the align also isn't working. Just me, or there was a chat update that broke stuff?