Scheduled for tomorrow if I'm not mistaken.
Chat 2.0 : Priority issues list #2
Started by Chedburn [1] Admin on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 432 / 432 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Can you please fix minimised tabs being auto-closed coz u only allowed 4/5 chats to be minimised at a time depending on screen size?
what's the point of making two options (minimise and close) when they essentially do the same thing?
As a trader I would like to keep 10-15 chats minimised with potential trades/ offers I keep receiving instead of losing all my chats everytime and having to search the recent page to open each chat and find out who the player was that I was talking to?
what's the point of making two options (minimise and close) when they essentially do the same thing?
As a trader I would like to keep 10-15 chats minimised with potential trades/ offers I keep receiving instead of losing all my chats everytime and having to search the recent page to open each chat and find out who the player was that I was talking to?
They're minimized into your chats tab, aren't they? There's no way 10-15 chats are going to fit on your screen in a single row. That was one of the bigger complaints of Chats 1.0 and this is how we resolved it.
Still waiting on a fix for my issue
Been confirmed to be a bug
Been confirmed to be a bug
they r minimising to 5 chats on my monitor, but 4 on my work laptop (smaller screen).
Why is it limited to only half of my screen?
Also suggestion, instead of pushing the far left minimised chat to closed, there should be an option to access it conveniently.
It is very irritating to minimise a chat only to lose it later. Maybe a potential fix could be that the recent tab does not order by last msg, but instead orders by last closed?
OR
add a new section in the people box with minimised chats. So the recent tab works as is. but any chat minimised is add to the minimised section which has an 'X' button on the right so u can remove those minimised chats from this section when needed.
You have to understand that as a trader, I literally talk to hundred ppl on a daily basis. It is very inconvenient to lose track of chats coz I can't scroll down hundreds of ppl in the recent tab to find a particular chat.
Edit: This is actually a confirmed bug report too by CJ here : LINK
Also to add, the issue in chats 1.0 was always that the chats would pile up and fill the screen. you fix that by removing the ability to keep minimised chats completely basically.
The fix would ideally be to instead make a section (either in people tab or like how u made section for fac/global/travel chats etc on mobile) to stack the minimised chats when they exceed more than the screen size
Why is it limited to only half of my screen?
Also suggestion, instead of pushing the far left minimised chat to closed, there should be an option to access it conveniently.
It is very irritating to minimise a chat only to lose it later. Maybe a potential fix could be that the recent tab does not order by last msg, but instead orders by last closed?
OR
add a new section in the people box with minimised chats. So the recent tab works as is. but any chat minimised is add to the minimised section which has an 'X' button on the right so u can remove those minimised chats from this section when needed.
You have to understand that as a trader, I literally talk to hundred ppl on a daily basis. It is very inconvenient to lose track of chats coz I can't scroll down hundreds of ppl in the recent tab to find a particular chat.
Edit: This is actually a confirmed bug report too by CJ here : LINK
Also to add, the issue in chats 1.0 was always that the chats would pile up and fill the screen. you fix that by removing the ability to keep minimised chats completely basically.
The fix would ideally be to instead make a section (either in people tab or like how u made section for fac/global/travel chats etc on mobile) to stack the minimised chats when they exceed more than the screen size
Mentions: [Chat 2.0] Minimise/ close
add a new section in the people box with minimised chats. So the recent tab works as is. but any chat minimised is add to the minimised section which has an 'X' button on the right so u can remove those minimised chats from this section when needed.
That's what we do, it's called the chats tab. All p2p chats can be found in there.
Regarding the limitation on minimized chats, that's already resolved and currently in QA. It will be live soon:
Responsive design: Mobile - allow minimised chat tabs fill available space
Still so many messages being lost. At least 10-20 lost so far today in about 6 hours.
Still old chats popping up.
Still no concurrency between devices.
Still having periods of no chats available.
Still having days worth of chats going missing and then returning randomly.
Still having Met people section not based on last interaction due to closing old chats when I return to other devices and close old chats.
Randomly get 5-6 old chats opening on random page changes.
Notifications not showing which chat it pertains too.
Notifications showing and disappearing.
Notifications showing despite having continued the conversation beyond the notifications on said chat.
This is not fit for purpose.
Come on!
Still old chats popping up.
Still no concurrency between devices.
Still having periods of no chats available.
Still having days worth of chats going missing and then returning randomly.
Still having Met people section not based on last interaction due to closing old chats when I return to other devices and close old chats.
Randomly get 5-6 old chats opening on random page changes.
Notifications not showing which chat it pertains too.
Notifications showing and disappearing.
Notifications showing despite having continued the conversation beyond the notifications on said chat.
This is not fit for purpose.
Come on!
Nice...... Keep up the progress!
Yeah its crazy they let these problems go on so long, it was really a surprise to me. They dont mind using the playerbase as beta testers and ultimatley let us do the hard work of finding all the problems with chat 2.0
Also the disruption that chat 2.0 causes the game and its coordinating players is a shame. Now I know why over 12 people did not reply to me about purchasing trains recently, they never got the messages.
Also the disruption that chat 2.0 causes the game and its coordinating players is a shame. Now I know why over 12 people did not reply to me about purchasing trains recently, they never got the messages.
The chats tab has all chats and not minimised chats. If you close a chat, it is still there in chats tab. If you minimise a tab, it is still there in ur chats section… so tell me pls what is the difference between minimising a chat and closing it according to you? Why even have 2 separate functions doing the same thing?
I don’t think you realise the issue. If you intend the chats tab to have minimised chats, then don’t add the close chats to that section?
but if you want all chats to be in the chats tab, then pls add a separate minimised chats tab to it.
I don’t think you realise the issue. If you intend the chats tab to have minimised chats, then don’t add the close chats to that section?
but if you want all chats to be in the chats tab, then pls add a separate minimised chats tab to it.
chats are still non functional for me. not getting notifications, messages disappearing and not reappearing for hours/days, messages not going through, faction chat shows nothing since mid november, chat boxes dont remain closed, closing and opening on their own free will, vanishing completely.
all happening both on desktop and mobile, on two different computers and 3 different networks
[image: media.makeameme.org]
all happening both on desktop and mobile, on two different computers and 3 different networks
[image: media.makeameme.org]
chat still not refreshing for me.... it does occasionally but usually i have to switch tabs, look at something then come back to torn
chrome, win10
given up trying to use torn chat on my phone
chrome, android, full site
chrome, win10
given up trying to use torn chat on my phone
chrome, android, full site
yeah, blocked sendbird.
all good now. Torn stopped lagging.
rip chat.
all good now. Torn stopped lagging.
rip chat.
Ched,
Can you add the chat issues facing poker to the list with your low priority flag?
Just acknowledging the issues and having them on the path to being fixed would be enough for me. That's a low bar in my opinion, but I'm willing to wait for your perfect chat 2.0 system if I see it on the roadmap, and other critical issues being resolved.
I'm trying to be on your side here
Can you add the chat issues facing poker to the list with your low priority flag?
Just acknowledging the issues and having them on the path to being fixed would be enough for me. That's a low bar in my opinion, but I'm willing to wait for your perfect chat 2.0 system if I see it on the roadmap, and other critical issues being resolved.
I'm trying to be on your side here
It has definitely improved a lot from yesterday morning. There are 100% still problems.. the two im noticing is the delay in loading and im still having wrong windows pop up in different tabs. Not as bad as it was.
And the writing is going through again, so was able to have some conversations again.
So I suppose my personal verdict would be still a number of outstanding issues (whether enough to revert to 1.0 i dont know) but i do see a massive improvement from before that update when for me it had been essentially unusable. So definitely appreciate that
edit: Actually i spoke too soon i think the same problems are backagain tonight where messages wont send at all
And the writing is going through again, so was able to have some conversations again.
So I suppose my personal verdict would be still a number of outstanding issues (whether enough to revert to 1.0 i dont know) but i do see a massive improvement from before that update when for me it had been essentially unusable. So definitely appreciate that
edit: Actually i spoke too soon i think the same problems are backagain tonight where messages wont send at all
Just posting here since well it's worse than yesterday. Now it sends the message, and the message persists in the chat even though it's not actually sent? It got so bad I even just started recording a gif; even another tab shows my message in the chat (albeit not connected to chat) and then all of a sudden the chat actually catches up and nukes my sent message and I get messages I didn't get in the downtime. Explain to me how this isn't an issue. It's straight annoying. It's like a 40 second gif where my message didn't send, not including the time before that where I was waiting for it to send.
[image: b.cgas.io]
[image: b.cgas.io]
I don't think the team was aware of this. While they work on a proper fix, they'll prepare an emergency solution on Monday. Likely preventing the ability to submit a message before Chat is fully loaded to ensure no submitted messages will be lost.
not aware of this then aware of what? what even is "proper fix" while the chat is not working?
How about your team try fixing chat 2.0 using chat 2.0? Someone just gotta get frustrated and fix it right?
How about your team try fixing chat 2.0 using chat 2.0? Someone just gotta get frustrated and fix it right?
Chedburn, I have been saying for ages now that messages are going missing. You only have to go up a dozen or so posts to the last time I mentioned it!
We're expecting a new bunch of significant updates on Monday, including resolution of all issues affecting Notes. I'll then post up a poll in GD asking the community if they'd like to revert back to Chat 1.0, that evening.