Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Notes saving formatted text

Started by GIFTS [2612583] on in Bugs & Issues.

29 replies · 402 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Schlog [2386178]
This needs to be fixed Can't use notes with all kinds of problem. Also the hi-light on the chats window so I know some left a message.
A big problem..
AlienFTM [1954662]
So there's another thread that's been assigned to James. As has mine. It's still open, but I don't think James is looking at it and it's becoming a joke among the three of who are when I update it with more info.

I've come here now to point out that I'm now having similar problems in Forums now, pasting stats from TornStats as plain text, editing out the line breaks and saving it. Only for the software to put the line breaks back in. It's Faction sensitive, so I'm not posting it here.
GIFTS [2612583]
Move your info here as I seen many other people start a thread on this same issue and they get closed. I am not sure if it will help solve the problem but at least we as a community can see what issues are out there better!
BraveKath [1815519]
This is past annoying. I have always relied on my Notes. Simply writing anything, not talking copying and pasting, just writing the whole thing is bugged.

1) the insertion point keeps jumping up to the top for no reason
2) Not having copied from anywhere, just typed on the note pad, I close it and I come back and there's the whole Large type showing font coding and what I've written is unreadable and basically lost
3) Again, not having copied and pasted from anywhere -- I type stuff in -- come back and half of it's gone

I get this error when on my lenova laptop and on my Apple 13 phone, so the problem doesn't care if you're using a mobile/iOS or not.

Can this please be addressed and actually fixed?
BraveKath [1815519]
It's more complicated than that in my opinion, as even when I simply type in stuff, I'll come back and it's ruined with font coding and impossible to read and I have to try and re-create my notes. My notes are not created by copying stuff from elsewhere.

Frustrated. I thought that giving it time that this would be fixed, but it's persisted for weeks now.

I see you passed on to James -- is James working? As it seems from comments, there's no acknowledgement of this. Hoping this hasn't gone into a dead letter office.
Moguai [423015]
I am also experiencing this issue and it is very frustrating as it’s simply impossible to use as the underlying code is fundamentally flawed.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Both issues should be resolved now. Please note that if you have deliberately saved any formatted text after the new Notes were released, they would retain their tags. These can be removed manually if you do not want them anymore.

[image: i.imgur.com]

Thanks!