Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat.

Started by Evil_Hamster [794548] on in Suggestions.

15 replies · 94 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Evil_Hamster [794548]
Ok, so we need 250 likes to get the coders and Ched to look at an idea, so here is hoping a few others have issues or are wishing the same as me..

I would like to suggest one of the following two options.

1. Restore chat to the previous version that worked.
2. Have a Chat mod that works and have it TESTED properly first.

Currently there are so many issues, bugs and glitches with chat it is pretty much unusable. It cannot have been tested very well if at all.

[image: i.imgur.com]

Ever had the above where you know someone is trying to say something but regardless of minimising windows (which is a joke work around). Clearing cache, shutting and reopening Chrome, restarting PC and signing in and out will NOT resolve. Just hope it was not important.
JackKelly [2271177]
Not exactly mister current affairs are we?

There will be a community vote later today, most likely in GD on which path to move forward with chat. Either reverting it back to 1.0 or what.

I'm sure that one missed message is the most important message you would've ever received.
Evil_Hamster [794548]
I did read that and hopefully it will revert back to something that actually works.

But given todays chat completely failing this morning I was hoping to gain more momentum in the vote later.
JackKelly [2271177]
Everyone will obviously vote for chat 1.0. I'm willing to bet that will be the chat system forever more, despite what might be said. No group chats, or anything else.

It's easy for me to say I'd rather ride out chat 2.0, because after the first week my chat has mostly worked. I can pin faction chat and can do many of the things people are complaining that they aren't able to. It does get a little buggy if I have multiple tabs open, but I always have a main tab anyway, so I just chat on that one.

Then again, some people claim to have a completely non-functional chat in the forums, yet responded immediately when I chatted them. So I don't really know who to believe. Regardless, 1.0 will win by a landslide.
Evil_Hamster [794548]
Dont get me wrong I am all for a change for the "best", but maybe "best" is too much, a working system that has been fully tested on all platforms.

While I think that chat 2.0 has potential, it is so heavily flawed in so many ways with so many issues it needs to be re-thought.

I am so fed up of not being able to see who has sent a message to me but have a little green annoying bubble pop up. Then even after chatting back to them the bubble remains ?!?
Evil_Hamster [794548]
EVEN though Ched clearly says a number of times revert back while they fix Chat 2.0 people just did not read and vote 2 anyway.

So looks like for the near future (and as a guess) most of the next year chat will be hit and miss.

And Jack, do you see why I started this thread with vote?
Fetheryhorse6 [2317488]
the silent majority, I see minor head ache in keeping 2.0 as they update it and major headache having to jump back to 1.0 and then go back to 2.0
-Beesus- [1959482]
Yeah, that’s definitely understandable too. However, with all the backlash that 2.0 had (all the countless complaint thread and posts) I didn’t expect to see 2.0 win so badly :P

Hopefully the improvements come!