Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat is gone

Started by Dangerboat [2252445] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 196 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

Dangerboat [2252445]
I have used incognito mode, I have cleared my torn data, still no chat windows available. Starting to be a problem in a game centered around communication.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Your issue seems to be localized to your setup. I am not seeing any issues and can see chat working fine for your account.

For OP, I can see an error in the browser console, I have pinged the screenshot to the developers, asked them to take a look.

Thanks!
Dangerboat [2252445]
Thanks, anything I can do to get any kind of chat function? Making it hard to revive. Hopefully, nobody thinks I'm a jerk for not responding to requests.
Yeezy [1713565]
Thanks that narrows the issue down for me, although I have made no changes to any extensions, it just happened one day.

EDIT: Well, didn't narrow it down entirely. I had chat when I opened Torn in incognito, but it didn't come back when I tried turning extensions off one by one.

EDIT-2: I cleared cookies for Torn and chat is working again - hopefully this'll help someone else in my situation.
Daibb [3111726]
Had the same problem about a week ago, the chat completely disappeared.
Tried clearing cache and cookies, changing browsers that I have never used before and opening them in private mode, changing devices, changing networks, nothing works.
Can the officials give me some instructions on how to solve this problem? Do I have to give up on this game?
DaCrimKe [317970]
I have same problem on my mobile… chat works on pc but not anymore on mobile for weeks now (worked once on mobile and then disappeared)
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
For user 2252445 we are waiting to hear back from Sendbird for a resolution to this issue
Unfortunately, there's no in-house fix for your issue. We are waiting to hear back from Sendbird.

Thanks!

Edit: Following is the issue
There was an extra channel in the api which cannot be seen in the dashboard. That channel has no member in it and causing chat disappearance.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
This has been resolved, closed per user confirmation provided to the devs.

Thanks!