Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Speed issues

Started by MrDoe [2170000] on in Bugs & Issues.

17 replies · 185 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

MrDoe [2170000]
Hello, playing on Android
Map speed is extremely slow, but it is the first year of xmas Town so maybe that explains it. It's all new. I noticed there was a thread for that but my issue is also that the actual games are the exact opposite.
Snowball and cookie game are extremely fast. They drop in under 0.10 sec and noone is that fast.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
You'd need to gather ornaments to boost your walking speed. We had reduced the walking speed during the early part of the release when CT was being rolled out to everyone and when we were facing issues, it is back to the normal walking speed now.

Thanks!
MrDoe [2170000]
I don't know how to make a recording but everyone else on the map move twice a fast. I move roughly at same speed as you, but that's not normal speed?
Awesome-O [2356036]
What do you consider "normal" speed?

When I get back in torn ill see if I can record my speed and you can compare

Snowball shooted has been fixed
Not checked cookie catch yet
MrDoe [2170000]
So it is not just me. I'm glad the issue has been closed unresolved. Like a great community manager and technical support team who completely ignore the player base.

Kudos, probably get paid bonus on closing issues and not solving them. Hence chat 2.0 still exists and every other issue
Awesome-O [2356036]
Why is it unresolved???

Your speed is nearly the same as mine
It's faster than it used to be without any globes

I with ched would allow us to turn off the globes so people could see what the extra 10% gives

PS....
It's not alot
MrDoe [2170000]
We are living in 2023, the Xmas town game is very 1960. And the speed is very poor. Are we just lying to ourselves?

Maybe it is not slower than intended, but it is slower than a dial in modem. It is a joke. It is not 21st century stuff. Maybe my expectations are too high,maybe it is just shit for normal people
Awesome-O [2356036]
No ones making you play it
If you don't want free shit then don't walk around

Yes it's 2023 and we have stupidly fast Internet speeds in remote countries but Christmas town is as fast as Ched wants ot to be

It's his game and he is doing what he wants
Chill out and walk slowly
Remember it could be icy out there so walk slow so you don't slip up
MrDoe [2170000]
I don´t play it anymore as it is not a good experience. Unlike most of Torn. I don´t need free stuff.

it is a feature of the game and one can use it or not. the fact that it is broken and dumb does not take awyay the chance to publicly speak out against it. You pretend one cannot complain as it is free. That makes no sense.

I see you are a Ched fanboy. But aim higher ;)
Awesome-O [2356036]
It's hardly broken
You can't complain its broken when it's working as expected

It's dumb!!!
What are you 10yo
It's about walking around randomly collecting stuff


If you don't play then why are you here complaining???

I'm a ched fanboy

Yes... I'm playing a game he made, just like you

You are not higher than anyone
Your a cry baby

"It's not working how I want it to work... boohoo"