I am a private contractor. Sometimes we take down a fence or a building and we have to haul it away to the dump.
Last year was my first Torn Christmas, and I spent every drop of E at the dump.
And while tons of useless shit clogging up your log is exactly what you'd get wasting your energy at the dump IRL
There is one key element missing that anyone who has ever been to any dump would notice.
The Smell.
The last three days (f**kin wars) I have been dumping (heh get it) all of my E at the dump.
Today we actually went to the dump.
After getting home, showering, scrubbing, washing my boots, and basically rinsing my sinuses, I have came to a few conclusions about the dump in Torn.
1. Stink Meter
- Some type of bar that increases based on e spent at the dump. Applying some sort of buff/debuff that increases and is harder to get rid of the more time (E) spent at the dump. Maybe it goes away over time, maybe a soap on a rope takes an hour off the timer.
All I know is that we were (out of the truck) at the dump a whopping like 10 minutes.
And for the rest of the day, we smelled like absolute dump. The smell permeated every fiber of our clothes, every cell of our body.
The truck smelt like it. Our clothes, the tools, our hair, everything. Hell my ROOM smells like it now that I get back in here from the shower.
Which brings me to my next item.
2. Dump temporary/consumable
- Small chance (possibly based on stink meter) of finding 'Concentrated Dump Juice' or perhaps 'Cube of dump mud' when searching the dump. Able to be used on others or their properties.
As we were driving back to the job my coworker said "Man that mud alone has so much flavor to it, if I hid a chunk of it in your house you'd be f!@#$d for like WEEKS."
Dump dirt holds more flavor in it than every dish ever created by every 5 star chef in the world at once.
The seasoning is so powerful I believe it should be utilized.
And while doing so in real life might cost you everything, doing something as small as.... throwing dump juice on a person (hopefully with their mouth open) in Torn is much less... well... condemning.
3. Wetness
-i dont have a suggestion to add to the game about this but i feel it is something you need to hear regardless
As not many people know, the dump sprays water multiple times a day over... well everything. The moisture keeps all thefiberglass small particulates from travelling via the breeze into local water systems or my bosses lungs.
The dump people warn everyone about the dangers during these delicious and otherwise juicy times.
This water mixes with the trash, and creates the flavors we have all come to know and love.
But as it mixes it creates the ideal environment for trucks and boots... to get completely stuck in.
Not sure how this would translate to Torn.. perhaps like the tide system in 2.0 where every day the wetness changes and likelihood of finding certain objects or potential 'bad outcomes' increases based on how wet it is.
Conclusion: The dump reeks, everything about it, and so will you if you go there...
I'm sure you guys can think of some better things than this, I just figured you needed to know.
I think EVERYONE should make a trip to their local dump. Dig through the piles. Play around in the lagoons. Roll around laughing throwing globs of mud. Dare each other to take a shot of the tasty juices running down the hills.
Only then can you fully comprehend the term "Flavor-blasted"
And only when these things are added will the dump in Torn truly... truly feel like home.
Last year was my first Torn Christmas, and I spent every drop of E at the dump.
And while tons of useless shit clogging up your log is exactly what you'd get wasting your energy at the dump IRL
There is one key element missing that anyone who has ever been to any dump would notice.
The Smell.
The last three days (f**kin wars) I have been dumping (heh get it) all of my E at the dump.
Today we actually went to the dump.
After getting home, showering, scrubbing, washing my boots, and basically rinsing my sinuses, I have came to a few conclusions about the dump in Torn.
1. Stink Meter
- Some type of bar that increases based on e spent at the dump. Applying some sort of buff/debuff that increases and is harder to get rid of the more time (E) spent at the dump. Maybe it goes away over time, maybe a soap on a rope takes an hour off the timer.
All I know is that we were (out of the truck) at the dump a whopping like 10 minutes.
And for the rest of the day, we smelled like absolute dump. The smell permeated every fiber of our clothes, every cell of our body.
The truck smelt like it. Our clothes, the tools, our hair, everything. Hell my ROOM smells like it now that I get back in here from the shower.
Which brings me to my next item.
2. Dump temporary/consumable
- Small chance (possibly based on stink meter) of finding 'Concentrated Dump Juice' or perhaps 'Cube of dump mud' when searching the dump. Able to be used on others or their properties.
As we were driving back to the job my coworker said "Man that mud alone has so much flavor to it, if I hid a chunk of it in your house you'd be f!@#$d for like WEEKS."
Dump dirt holds more flavor in it than every dish ever created by every 5 star chef in the world at once.
The seasoning is so powerful I believe it should be utilized.
And while doing so in real life might cost you everything, doing something as small as.... throwing dump juice on a person (hopefully with their mouth open) in Torn is much less... well... condemning.
3. Wetness
-i dont have a suggestion to add to the game about this but i feel it is something you need to hear regardless
As not many people know, the dump sprays water multiple times a day over... well everything. The moisture keeps all the
The dump people warn everyone about the dangers during these delicious and otherwise juicy times.
This water mixes with the trash, and creates the flavors we have all come to know and love.
But as it mixes it creates the ideal environment for trucks and boots... to get completely stuck in.
Not sure how this would translate to Torn.. perhaps like the tide system in 2.0 where every day the wetness changes and likelihood of finding certain objects or potential 'bad outcomes' increases based on how wet it is.
Conclusion: The dump reeks, everything about it, and so will you if you go there...
I'm sure you guys can think of some better things than this, I just figured you needed to know.
I think EVERYONE should make a trip to their local dump. Dig through the piles. Play around in the lagoons. Roll around laughing throwing globs of mud. Dare each other to take a shot of the tasty juices running down the hills.
Only then can you fully comprehend the term "Flavor-blasted"
And only when these things are added will the dump in Torn truly... truly feel like home.