Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Duke missions

Started by -Raven- [2969877] on in Questions & Answers.

17 replies · 563 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
15
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee
To be identified by Duke as a specific target, you have to be inactive for at least a week.

There is a Duke mission requiring you to bounty and then attack any player of your choice, which seems to be what you've become a target of.
-Raven- [2969877]
I’m active everyday and I get attacked by being a target on Duke’s list. ?‍? I have a bounty on me because of being in some mission of his from another player. How do I fix this? This isn’t the first time this happened to me though?
JackKelly [2271177]
You really shouldn't be a mission target. As only people inactive for a certain amount of time are eligible. You have a 171 activity streak.

Have a bounty reveal done and contact the person that placed the bounty. If they can screenshot you actually listed as a mission target, it may be worth a bug report. I think what is more likely, is someone is just f**king with you.

Like said above, there are also missions to target any random person.
Triarius22 [2763264]
Do you owe Duke $$$?

Otherwise, this is just a random thing we all get sometimes. Most targets are inactive but not always.
Mizmoon [1583220]
There is a player named Raven0 who hasn't been active for over a thousand days so maybe that's the glitch? Or the person who bountied you may have read or typed the name incorrectly.

This could also be the mission where you put a bounty on someone random and then attack whoever collects the bounty. (I always refuse that one because why make enemies for something stupid?)

Or the person who placed the bounty could be lying about it being a Duke mission.
-Raven- [2969877]
Aaw thanks guys, the person I contacted previously said the mission said I owed Duke money and he just did the mission. I don’t owe Duke anything as I’ve always had some funds either from selling stuff or random players sending me some. Maybe it’s because my name is similar to the inactive one or it’s the random bounty thing this time. Don’t know but I will be keeping an eye on it.

Thanks for answering, much appreciated. =)
LordKosh [792872]
There was also recently a promotion from Duke where if you placed a bounty on someone, you'd be entered into a raffle to win desireable prizes.
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
If you are active, and have been for some time,

-You couldve been an old mission targets spawned for someone while you were inactive, and they could just be getting around to completing the mission now


Or, and this is more likely,

- People sometimes do random hits and when asked, blame it on duke. It's nothing deep. Random hits always happen and it's a way to get out of explanations for mugs lol.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Er, what? When?

Inactivity is the only requirement to become a mission target.

It's possible to have been inactive in the past and been chosen as a target, and for people to only now be completing the mission if they'd had it unaccepted for ages. There are also missions where you'd be a target in response to other conditions (e.g. place a bounty and attack person who claimed the bounty).
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
You didn't just happen to receive a bounty a few days ago with the message "blessings from duke" and correlate that with the reason you got attacked did you? That was a community wide event with prizes.