I thought I'd try a tips and tricks and discussion channel for Torn City. Early days, but we will do giveaways and just general chat with guests if you're up got it. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2VbNKLeBtExGd3HNLRB6tw
YT chat channel
Started by Sanxion [2987640] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 15
- Likes on archived posts
- 50
- Authority score
- 51 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 54 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Ahgurwn [2530174]
· 8 likes ·
i mean like, nobody knows you. what do you have to say? you're five months old in a nearly 240 month old game with no notable accomplishments or achievements. learn the game first, figure out your marketing/branding/public relations, and then …
Lol sorry for trying.
i mean like, nobody knows you. what do you have to say? you're five months old in a nearly 240 month old game with no notable accomplishments or achievements.
learn the game first, figure out your marketing/branding/public relations, and then launch a channel. there's a niche that can be filled there, 100%, but not with your current brand positioning.
most of the people watching youtube videos on this game are gonna be super into torn which means either very engaged newer players or people like me that are multiple years old and committed to the game. we've all read the basic guides, you gotta bring something to the table. andyman does economic analysis, emforus does in-depth crimes 2.0 guides, etc. figure out your thing, figure out how to provide value, and figure out how to communicate it.
because this post is doing you no favors, this is as about of a positive response as you could possibly expect.
edit:
like just off rip; your faction has no logo, you're in a city job, and the channel looks flat. why would i want to watch a random two minute video with no thumbnail and an non-descriptive title?
learn the game first, figure out your marketing/branding/public relations, and then launch a channel. there's a niche that can be filled there, 100%, but not with your current brand positioning.
most of the people watching youtube videos on this game are gonna be super into torn which means either very engaged newer players or people like me that are multiple years old and committed to the game. we've all read the basic guides, you gotta bring something to the table. andyman does economic analysis, emforus does in-depth crimes 2.0 guides, etc. figure out your thing, figure out how to provide value, and figure out how to communicate it.
because this post is doing you no favors, this is as about of a positive response as you could possibly expect.
edit:
like just off rip; your faction has no logo, you're in a city job, and the channel looks flat. why would i want to watch a random two minute video with no thumbnail and an non-descriptive title?
I would argue that those looking for YT videos of the OP's description will be new players.
I watched a few in my first 2 weeks of the game. I'd also certainly prefer a well produced video over some of the horribly formatted forum post 'guides' that you refer to.
If OP can make some videos with some production skills, I encourage
I watched a few in my first 2 weeks of the game. I'd also certainly prefer a well produced video over some of the horribly formatted forum post 'guides' that you refer to.
If OP can make some videos with some production skills, I encourage
Make a clicky link, and I’ll watch a few tomorrow
When I first joined torn I turned straight to YouTube and what did I find... outdated and dry videos! its a joke that no one has taken advantage of it and I'm thinking about doing simple tutorials myself because they will 100% get the views from the new players, because there are a-lot of visual learners out there.
Keep on doing what you are doing I say at-least someone is trying
Keep on doing what you are doing I say at-least someone is trying
Don't get discouraged by negative nellys, but make sure you're using correct information. There are tons of good and accurate guides available, if you translate the information to something fun and informative I don't see your in-game age being such a big problem. There's the torn underground podcast on spotify but that you can follow as well.
No hate man.
Tips and tricks is too generic and boring.
Almost all the best 'how to' is already there.
Unless you planning to do tips and tricks on how to cheat and game the system like multiple account, etc which will result in you fedded.
If i was you, and seriously going to commit into torn and your youtube channel for years to come.
I would totally do the youtube channel of "my journey in torn of becoming. . . "
Whatever you put, it could be more interesting.
Even playing poker and recording your journey of playing poker from 0$ networth and grow it to some billions or tenths of billions could be more interesting than what your original idea here.
Yeah, i would totally watch videos of torn gameplay where it all abouts mugging or buy mugging.
Its just fun to watch.
The goal is to provide entertaining videos.
Gambling billions on russian roulette? Thats great!
Educational videos? Not so much, its been done before by some players and the channels are dead as much as they had quitted torn.
If serious torn players want to learn, and improve, definitely go read forum. Its almost always up to date.
Most torn guide and tutorial youtube videos are outdated, irrelevant and obselete.
New videos are no exception to this, it will become obselete again when ched updated the game mechanics.
With so many more and more obselete videos, i imagine it will only cause confusion instead of actually helping people.
While outdated information on forum can be edited, thats why read forum if you want to learn.
Tips and tricks is too generic and boring.
Almost all the best 'how to' is already there.
Unless you planning to do tips and tricks on how to cheat and game the system like multiple account, etc which will result in you fedded.
If i was you, and seriously going to commit into torn and your youtube channel for years to come.
I would totally do the youtube channel of "my journey in torn of becoming. . . "
Whatever you put, it could be more interesting.
Even playing poker and recording your journey of playing poker from 0$ networth and grow it to some billions or tenths of billions could be more interesting than what your original idea here.
Yeah, i would totally watch videos of torn gameplay where it all abouts mugging or buy mugging.
Its just fun to watch.
The goal is to provide entertaining videos.
Gambling billions on russian roulette? Thats great!
Educational videos? Not so much, its been done before by some players and the channels are dead as much as they had quitted torn.
If serious torn players want to learn, and improve, definitely go read forum. Its almost always up to date.
Most torn guide and tutorial youtube videos are outdated, irrelevant and obselete.
New videos are no exception to this, it will become obselete again when ched updated the game mechanics.
With so many more and more obselete videos, i imagine it will only cause confusion instead of actually helping people.
While outdated information on forum can be edited, thats why read forum if you want to learn.
people like me that are multiple years old and committed to the game
Rank : Outstanding ( 2 - 25 Million Estimated Battle Stats)
Torn Age : 3 Year 8 Months
Xanax Taken : 763
Energy Refill : 309
Ahgurwn sounds like a bitter hemit that lives in a basement. Wouldn't want him watching your videos anyways, OP.
maybe that was a stretch considering long hiatus and then return, but is what i said wrong otherwise? did you actually watch the video?
I mean the video i saw was more of a test video because they can't do live videos with a new account.
I think it was more you seemed to be picking on their age that got u a bit of flak. I mean compare our ages and stats Ahgurwn, between me and you. I'm only a few months older than Quantarallax. I am good in some area's, you are good in other area's, Quan is probably focused on other areas likely trading or something. We all play our own games.
Hopefully they have video editing experience and their channel is a hit and brings in more people or helps new people.
I get why in a game this long why age matters, but doesn't mean that new people can't know what they're talking about and potentially get information out there in a new way. Plus a ton of people hate to read but like to listen to videos, so I hope their channel catches on for those who hate reading lol
I think it was more you seemed to be picking on their age that got u a bit of flak. I mean compare our ages and stats Ahgurwn, between me and you. I'm only a few months older than Quantarallax. I am good in some area's, you are good in other area's, Quan is probably focused on other areas likely trading or something. We all play our own games.
Hopefully they have video editing experience and their channel is a hit and brings in more people or helps new people.
I get why in a game this long why age matters, but doesn't mean that new people can't know what they're talking about and potentially get information out there in a new way. Plus a ton of people hate to read but like to listen to videos, so I hope their channel catches on for those who hate reading lol
right, and neither one of us are making YouTube videos.
think i might've come across the wrong way, i hope they succeed. this is just a bad ad and strategy that they've gotta reassess. speaking as a professional.
think i might've come across the wrong way, i hope they succeed. this is just a bad ad and strategy that they've gotta reassess. speaking as a professional.
I’ve been saying it’s a easy market to dive into no one else it doing it ! Start it up I bet you’ll get views
Yeah sorry I was a bit flippant in my reply. It's all new to me but thought it would be nice to set something up. Thanks for all your thoughts.
So you're debuting a Tips & Tricks YT Channel which has only one video with no sound and a recording of the flight screen, where a good chunk of the video is black, and then flight screen again. Well done. That is certainly an interesting way to display your work and get people excited about future videos.
More power to ya, though note that Youtube is a tough medium for tips and tricks since it's very difficult to edit past content when the gane changes.
f**k it, What's the worst that could happen. Give it a shot it works great, if not ah well.