the entire chat section in the bottom right disappears after sending a couple messages in chat.
- i was using trade chat and after sending a message the entire chat section in the bottom right disappears. - i re launch firefox with all extensions and scripts disabled. the chat window is still gone as soon as i go on torn -i open an incognito firefox tab and open torn, the chat window is there again. i send a message in trade chat and its fine, after sending a second message the chat window immediately disappears again. - i switch to brave and the chat window is there, i send a message in trade chat and everything is fine. when i send the second message chat disappears once again. -same thing happens with edge. i open torn, send a message in chat, and as soon as i send the second message the chat section disappears entirely
currently if i open any of the 3 browsers the chat section is entirely missing.
currently the window is still entireley missing when i open firefox. if i open an ingocnito tab then its there
what i have found is that it disapears if i send messages to quickly. if you dont wait a while before sending another the chat window seems to go bye bye.
so yeah i guess the solution for the time being is incognito and slow messaging
CloudJumper[1636201]Staff · #5
This issue has been fixed on dev box and will be pushed to prod tomorrow morning.
Pretty sure this happens mostly when you try to spamtrade chat b4 60 seconds are up. Also the problem on persists on the device AND browser you are using and seems to be connected specifically to the caching specifically to said browser.
I'm sure devs know this just saying incase it's useful.
How do you open in browser? Currently using the app on my phone. Sorry, I am new and it's probably a stupid question.
Mine is doing the same, I, however, am not spamming anything and my chat is and has been completely gone for 2 days now. Help. ! I am unable to currently Uninstall the app as I am using a Hotspot ATM.
I am having the same issue. Only a week into playing and still learning. I thought it was maintenance for a minute, but then it hasn't came back. I'm not spamming, I tried the TS mentioned, restart device, open in desktop view, back to regular, tried browser entry. Any help or information on the matter. Seems a common thing that takes place but still need to send a message to people and hope they ain't mad I been ignoring them
CloudJumper[1636201]Staff · #13
Try clearing the site data and cache for Torn from the browser settings.