Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat gone

Started by ULTRA [1675481] on in Bugs & Issues.

38 replies · 343 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

ULTRA [1675481]
I'm currently posting this with TornTools enabled.

Woke up to no chat or notes or anything, tried clearing the cache and all other data and it comes back until i click on something.

Using yandex browser on samsung galaxy s23 ultra
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Can you replicate the issue in Incognito mode with all of your scripts and extensions turned off?
ULTRA [1675481]
Only have torntools and still happens with it turned off, tried on the google store torn app and stilll happens on that too, not sure how to get chat back as it randomly appears
ULTRA [1675481]
My chats back but i cant click on the people box, it all disappears after that, says i have 10 messages but i cant read any of them
Hemicopter [2780600]
My chat was gone, including in a different browser. Console said too many websocket connections. closed all but one tabs, chat came back.

I don't see "connecting to server" when changing tabs, so I feel like a change to fix that lead to too many connections again.
Taxxon [882264]
Noticed chats loading faster but messages getting lost or disappearring still as if its not truely connected sometimes they will pop through again sometimes not or entire chat program will refresh itself indicating reconnecting.
Berliano [2817631]
My chat at mobile browser is missing, sometimes it shows up but missing again when i click the most right tab "people".

Chat at torn app and torn PDA works just fine
Infamous_Sage [2892618]
im having that issue too don't know if this will be effective for you but try going incognito its a temp fix for me . also providing more info it happened on my Samsung first then on my chrome book buuuuut incognito works for now . i can not initiate chat or see it. i touched it the wrong way and it never came back there working on this bug doh so that is good mine have been gone for 4 days clearing cache didn't work .... i wonder if this is in correlation to the new chat updates i was reading about in announcements. iv also noticed other bugs that im not currently experiencing but may also be effected by the new new years updates no clue just my theory.
Tux [2571279]
Was running into the same issue and found that clearing cache + storage from F12 -> Storage worked to restore my chat after logging back in.
Baxia [2456400]
my chats are gone, i tried in incognito, i get chats back for like like 5~10 mins, then they are gone again. I have repeated this step like 6/7 times already today. I am using Windows 10 Edge browser
PJPro [2976986]
I have issue in mobile of chat going disappear when I click on last people icon .I am currently using PDA.I need to click on someone's profile and chat option then refresh to get it back .It disappear when I click on last option next to notes and some time on recent chats too .I have tried clear cache and all .having this issue from 2-3 days only . don't have same issue in laptop even while using torn tools