I don't understand why PI are being rented so cheap? Prices around 900k-1M/day once you do the math thats 6 years! to break even on costs of purchasing and maxing a PI with no reduction perks. It just blows my mind who set the standard for the pricing per day for something that takes a long time to save up for and then a long time to generate anything back.. the standard rate for a PI monthly should be 75M or 2.5M/day then it doesn't seem like buying one and spending all that money is a complete slap to the face to rent them out.
PI owners and monthly leases
Started by C-Fo-Fizzle [3117664] on in Properties.
About this thread
Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 19
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 7
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 38 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Cthulhu [1616063]
· 3 likes ·
Breaking even isn't the goal. It's passive income. You don't need to break even if you can just sell the property for the same price you bought it for, which most of the time, you can. It's usually recommended that … - Fermion [2691036] Officer
· 2 likes ·
Max pi's can go cheaper than that even. Pi's are basically passive income at that point. People who rent them out have maxed out their other sources of passive income at that roi. Pi's can be scaled, you only really …
With the perks it’s only slightly over 4 years to break even, and most players play for wayyyy longer than 4 years. I initially wasn’t sure if I would last that long, but after 3 years of paying rent I regret not buying my PI sooner.
3 yrs at 30m is 1B I could understand that. But most renters only do it or a short period till they can buy their own. And everyone undercuts to get their stuff grabbed up first. Should be a base number with no undercut. Then it doesn't make everyone become big hitters so fast since everyone says this is a marathon. With every single person in a PI they can move up fast.
Max pi's can go cheaper than that even.
Pi's are basically passive income at that point. People who rent them out have maxed out their other sources of passive income at that roi. Pi's can be scaled, you only really need to put them on rental market once a week to 100 days. Theres no real risk to them. And if you really need the liquid, they can be sold to get the capital again.
Pi's are basically passive income at that point. People who rent them out have maxed out their other sources of passive income at that roi. Pi's can be scaled, you only really need to put them on rental market once a week to 100 days. Theres no real risk to them. And if you really need the liquid, they can be sold to get the capital again.
I understand that, but i feel like their way undervalued. the difference in happy from each property isnt very drastic but the prices are and it makes happy seem under-valued imo since happy is what helps our gym gains. Just seems were basically giving people happy at lil value. It is what it is, i dont really care was just curious on other ppl's thoughts and opinions as i like to try build a knowledge base on things within the game.
Theyre not undervalued for the people renting them out because they don't have the same use for them you do.
Its worth 75m a month to you because you get an airstrip and huge happy boost. The people renting them out already have an airstrip and 5025 happy. Whats a second one do for them if they don't rent it out?
If you have a better idea once you reach my networth where to put money than renting (at the current rates no less!) in the PI market, I'm all ears.
Its worth 75m a month to you because you get an airstrip and huge happy boost. The people renting them out already have an airstrip and 5025 happy. Whats a second one do for them if they don't rent it out?
If you have a better idea once you reach my networth where to put money than renting (at the current rates no less!) in the PI market, I'm all ears.
I have a second one I purchased for a friend to help. I'm not renting it out to anyone else and I will most likely sell it to him once hes ready. And I only charged a buck. So it was a general question on how 30m a month is roughly the standard for renting a pi. When the ppl who bought them in the first place had to be extremely lucky or put in alot of hours to get the money to max one out. In my case I was lucky. The people who rent them benefit way more than the landlord.. but like I said I don't have the 2nd one for extra income or because I want to rent it rather than to help a friend. I just think the standard should be higher than what it is. Especially if there's a spouse added that's way less of a grind.
Haha what you should do with all your extra networth? Year round secret Santa?
Breaking even isn't the goal. It's passive income.
You don't need to break even if you can just sell the property for the same price you bought it for, which most of the time, you can.
It's usually recommended that you invest in stocks before properties though - I just find properties easier :D
You don't need to break even if you can just sell the property for the same price you bought it for, which most of the time, you can.
It's usually recommended that you invest in stocks before properties though - I just find properties easier :D
Ok but what exactly is the justification for that standard needing to be higher? It's a super clear case of supply and demand here. Yes it's super helpful for the renter but also there are so many competing on the market.
ROI is even smaller if you win PI from wheels or got it from HRG. I have 3 PIs minimum acquired so.
how it smaller? just curious?
Have you heard of supply and demand?
If you have 100 people wanting to rent and 2 PIs available, then prices could be as high as 2 of those 100 people would pay.
Now imagine having the same 100 players and having 10000 private islands... They will pick the cheapest with the 9900 left vacant.
You are talking about low ROI when the other option is NO ROI whatsoever... what do you think the owners will pick?
ps I know selling is an option, but this is not what you asked.
If you have 100 people wanting to rent and 2 PIs available, then prices could be as high as 2 of those 100 people would pay.
Now imagine having the same 100 players and having 10000 private islands... They will pick the cheapest with the 9900 left vacant.
You are talking about low ROI when the other option is NO ROI whatsoever... what do you think the owners will pick?
ps I know selling is an option, but this is not what you asked.
Hahah no I have not heard or ROI please tell me more
I explained it above...
I was being sarcastic...
does this mean you now understand why they rent their islands cheap?
As another poster said, supply and demand is the issue. There are more PI slots than renters.
IM RENTING A 4425 HAPPY ISLAND FOR 8M A MONTH. the only reason i can see to ever buy one is for the vault access, but frankly its just not worth it.