4 replies · 81 views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
12
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Most-liked replies
Tux[2571279]
· 3 likes · I've also been bot huntered frequently. Would also appreciate a manual review. Currently very displeased with the current bot hunter implementation as refreshing the jail page shouldn't be enough to land one under review imo. I have expressed my displeasure …
Tux[2571279]
· 3 likes · Can that behavior be reviewed? What is so wrong about refreshing the jail page, exactly? How dare we try for busts? I went for the bails merit once I unlocked the ability to do so cheaply and was hit hard …
CloudJumper[1636201] · 1 likes · From what I can see, both of you have been correctly tagged by the system. There's no further action required here, the system is doing what it is intended to do. Thanks!
Been on bothunter for ~23 of the last 30 days because *gasp* I refreshed the jail page a lot during our faction's busting competition. Is the manual review a real option that can give me some relief or is it just flavor text?
I've also been bot huntered frequently. Would also appreciate a manual review.
Currently very displeased with the current bot hunter implementation as refreshing the jail page shouldn't be enough to land one under review imo. I have expressed my displeasure and have just been fed the FAQ.
Just tell it I'm human already.
CloudJumper[1636201]Staff · #3
From what I can see, both of you have been correctly tagged by the system. There's no further action required here, the system is doing what it is intended to do.
What is so wrong about refreshing the jail page, exactly? How dare we try for busts? I went for the bails merit once I unlocked the ability to do so cheaply and was hit hard for it at the time.
It actively feels like a punishment for trying to play the game. Does that seem correct?
Can there be a manual review of repeat offenders and somehow a lessened sentence be applied?
This is the most intrusive anti-bot system I've ever seen in a game and it actually feels ridiculous to be hit multiple times for trying to play the game.
I understand that we've been tagged as intended, meaning it's not a bug, but it *is* an issue. When the slots jackpot was high once I tried refreshing the statistics page to see if I could catch whoever won it for a mug. Bothunter. Occasionally play some absentminded poker with a friend to try for the poker king merit. Bothunter on several occassions. Now I've tried winning a busting competition. Bothunter. It's a grindy game where players are going to be making repetitive actions in order to hit game-specified achievements. The targeting by the bot is a quality of life issue.