14 replies · 434 views · thread synced · 8 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
26
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
Most-liked replies
LegendaryKing11[2804919]
· 7 likes · race to fed speedrun new record!
Fermion[2691036]Officer
· 5 likes · I'll just answer the question for others who may find it later I'm pretty sure it was people in journal of torn science who worked out the formula for racing skill gain. The distance covered is what matters, not the …
So I've been reading a few different racing guides and I'm left confused on one specific thing, of course the one thing I actually wanted to know most.
When it comes to grinding your racing skill, it's said you should do docks 100 laps because more time spent racing = more racing xp.
So, does that mean if I do 100 laps in a stock class E, I will ge more skill gain than if I were to do 100 laps in an upgraded class A Car? Because the stock class E will take much longer to complete the laps, therefore, more skill gain? Or is a 100 lap dock race going to yield the same results regardless of what car I use?
I want to pick the most efficient races before bed.. During the day I just do the official races. But at night, Im setting up custom long races. I'm trying to determine which type of car I should be using, and what type of car I should require other racers to use.
Thanks so much for your help. Just to add, incase it matters, I'm currently at racing level 4.20, class B, driving a Sierra C.
I'll just answer the question for others who may find it later
I'm pretty sure it was people in journal of torn science who worked out the formula for racing skill gain. The distance covered is what matters, not the time.
Docks 100 laps 2 racer is nice to do before sleeping because it is the longest track. So 100 laps of it is the most distance covered. Since you're sleeping you can't reset the race, so it taking up 5-8 hours, basically how long most people will sleep, leads to minimal waste of racing miles covered.
2 racer ensures you have atleast 2nd position. Getting in the top 3 increases gains. 1 is the most, 2nd more than 3rd position
If you're up, and can reset race, it'd make sense to do the fastest track, say speedway 100 (or mudpit 100 when you have cosworth). Takes around and hour, and you can keep resetting when it ends. Purely going by time, speedway would cover more distance since you're average speed will be higher than in docks.
Thanks Fermion. This is super helpful! So if it's distance covered, doing the race in an upgraded Class A car vs a Stock E class car wouldn't make a difference in terms of racing skill. But technically, using your best upgraded car for the map would be the best because then you can move on to the next race asap.
I wrote one of the guides on RS gain, and am proud to have qualified for URT twice.
The fastest possible racing skill gain would be achieved by having people slut speedway losses to you back to back. You'd have to be obsessive about it, but you *could* be in a speedway race, and have someone set up a password protected race which would be waiting for you to join as soon as the first race is over. They would use a car that's a class below, or not upgraded, making their loss nearly certain. So you'd get the 1st place bonus every time. Getting first is a pretty big boost to skill gain.
Speedway is the fastest, but some minutes may be lost between races, so having others prepare races saves you downtime and gives more skill gain.
You'd really have to have no life to do it with speedway, but docks could make sense. There are a lot of people who don't care about racing and would sell racing losses gladly.
Of course, there are the related companies which boost skill gain also. Fastest possible gains would require getting the right job.
Disclaimer. Having the right car for every track is important. It's important enough, that if you don't have the full suite of cars, even overnight docks races are a bit sus. Do official races so you can upgrade more cars. You NEED all the cars.
Skip the ferrari as recommended in the main guide. It's not end-game. Waste of points. You can also skip the Lambo. LFA is equal to Lambo on Uptown.
If you don't have 11 maxed cars in class A, do 100% official races. Maybe overnight docks. Maybe not. I came to understand that having the right car is critical to winning and winning gives more gains, so I wound up doing 100% official until I had 11 maxed class A cars. Even overnight, I did official races instead of Docks.
A true lunatic with unlimited money, could attempt to hire teams of player to lose official races to them. You'd have to coordinate joining races on voice chat or something. Having like 10+ people on your team, joining official races simultaneously with you, but they would use sub-par cars. It wouldn't work perfectly, but would boost your wins and rate of points gained.
[edit: I never personally paid for race losses. It's just theory. You can see someone's win rate in their stats which only counts first place finishes, so someone who bought losses, would not be able to hide it.]
? Their post clearly says they set up custom races for losses and official races required hiring several people. You don't need to be in an official race to get skill gain.
Yeah, buying official losses isn't practical at all. You'd need a ton of people to conspire with tight synchronization and it still wouldn't be perfect. Buying custom race losses would be easy, but still a hassle. I only discuss the theory, because I'm certain that it would be fastest possible racing skill gain.
I wouldn't do it personally. Wouldn't even consider it. I like just....racing.