19 replies · 360 views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
25
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
Most-liked replies
Oakmont[2328419]
· 5 likes · No the damage is just as stated on the weapon stats (Dual MP5's for example, specifically the ones on the item market now, have a damage of 78) Some dual weapons (again for eg the dual mp5's) have a bonus …
Ohadik[424017]Wiki Contributor
· 3 likes · The Samurai's did not have the bonus until up to like a year ago. Chedburn responded to a post saying that they he thought that they always had the bonus from the beginning. Even tho people had been suggesting it …
undo[2090073]
· 2 likes · Didn’t Ched change it so the dual samurais now count as Japanese blades (if you have the edu)? Edit: he did. Wiki, and this page should probably be edited to include that info.
No the damage is just as stated on the weapon stats (Dual MP5's for example, specifically the ones on the item market now, have a damage of 78)
Some dual weapons (again for eg the dual mp5's) have a bonus 'spray' which dumps the full mag for x2 damage, but not all - for eg the dual berettas dont have any bonus but a have higher base dam than single beretta
AFAIK the dual melee weapons don't have a bonus, just a high base damage
The Samurai's did not have the bonus until up to like a year ago.
Chedburn responded to a post saying that they he thought that they always had the bonus from the beginning. Even tho people had been suggesting it for years, he just never took notice somehow, or never checked or whatever. Was kind of funny tbh.
Funny except I sold my duals (inherited from previous hubby) just before Ched changed it (more like 2-3 year ago, I think). :( I think he had stated in the past he didn’t want to give them that bonus because it’d be unfair compared to the other duals.
Flare, I agree that it’s more a personal perk, but still relevant to OP’s initial question, imo.
20:23:15 - 02/10/20 You added 1x Dual Samurai Swords to a trade with Enrhik [view]
On the bright side, they were like 7% quality, so nothing too fancy.
At the time I figured they’d do me more good by earning me more money, since my stats were kind of shite. I just now reached #2000 in the BS HoF, so you can imagine how low my stats were in 2020. It just sucked that shortly after I sold them I could’ve sold them for substantially more. #chedded
To you: You are thinking of Blindfire on a Rheinmetal, that does no apply to Spray on a dual primary.
To Undo: You are correct but it wasn't what I was referring to. By "bonus" I was referring to actual weapon bonuses. I can add it to the edu page later but for the item page it will get added when that page is actually filled out.
to Nexus, yes, but the education course you had to do was an unrelated and different course that no longer exists and was not the course responsible for the Japanese blade damage boost.
Dual weapons have higher damage stats, lower accuracy and are better than their singular counterparts on a damage/turn basis. According to my numbers the dual uzis and 9mm uzi are the closest in damage output but the duals still beat them out.
Mag size as well as rate of fire on the high and low end are both doubled in all cases.
I only checked my primary numbers, secondaries might tell a different story. ANYWAY, dualies are cool but a decent RW weapon is often cheaper and more effective numberwise.
I can't remember, it was something like $20m to do it, and the weapon you got was based on your highest stat/was a recommendation on which one to choose based on stats or something?
Dual Sammies need that RW treatment, give them Bleed and Parry or something.
(EDIT: And the other dual melee too obviously, just I have Sammies, never thought about bonuses for the others)
Really good to know because I've often wondered why we even have double weapons at all, as everyone is currently focused on RW weapons and what they can do.
Equipped double berettas and wushu axes because....well why not?!