Is there a forum post anywhere about the math/calculations on declining a mission contract? I've kind of just been ignoring missions in general because of how much energy and temps it could potentially use up. I felt like declining the missions that use up more energy would be more efficient but I'm unsure how much agent standing I would be losing at that point or whether if it's worth. Thanks in advance for any information on this!
Mission Question
Started by FijiWater [2093363] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 19
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 12
- Likes on archived posts
- 40
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Syncopate [2562293] Wiki Contributor
· 6 likes ·
I've also not heard of losing agent standing for declining contracts. However, losing agent standing is certainly a thing for failing a contract once it is accepted. To the second point...I've said it before and I'll say it again. DO … - EarthFireMonkey [2620167]
· 5 likes ·
Agreed. I ain't flying to SA for no mission. Fk that waste of time - Beerstein [1322136]
· 4 likes ·
I'll go ahead and disagree with the above. Skipping a mission that's REALLY bad energy for low gains, or simply too hard for you is always worth it. Torn is a long term game, you'll get the next days.
I've never actually heard of anyone actually losing agent standing.
Missions are kind of a 'do whatever makes you happy' type of scenario. If you do them, yes, you'll use a lot of energy. If you don't do them, you'll never unlock new weapons mods.
Missions are kind of a 'do whatever makes you happy' type of scenario. If you do them, yes, you'll use a lot of energy. If you don't do them, you'll never unlock new weapons mods.
I've also not heard of losing agent standing for declining contracts. However, losing agent standing is certainly a thing for failing a contract once it is accepted.
To the second point...I've said it before and I'll say it again. DO YOUR MISSIONS. Always worth it. Emphasis for all the green leaves who will be reading this.
Good reasons: mods, books, targets for chains
Not so good reasons but still worth it: experience, knowing where you stand, learning various ways to defeat someone stronger (including recruiting help), learning to use your resources to succeed in a mission (whether its money, temps, items, or even med management), you'll be wasting Energy attacking people for other reasons anyway...why not get something out of it? And finally special ammo.
Reasons to skip mission: NONE
To the second point...I've said it before and I'll say it again. DO YOUR MISSIONS. Always worth it. Emphasis for all the green leaves who will be reading this.
Good reasons: mods, books, targets for chains
Not so good reasons but still worth it: experience, knowing where you stand, learning various ways to defeat someone stronger (including recruiting help), learning to use your resources to succeed in a mission (whether its money, temps, items, or even med management), you'll be wasting Energy attacking people for other reasons anyway...why not get something out of it? And finally special ammo.
Reasons to skip mission: NONE
I'll go ahead and disagree with the above. Skipping a mission that's REALLY bad energy for low gains, or simply too hard for you is always worth it. Torn is a long term game, you'll get the next days.
Agreed. I ain't flying to SA for no mission. Fk that waste of time
Haha, I literally trashed that mission yesterday. No way i'm flying to SA either.
The agent standing you lose is somewhere below 10% of doing a mission. So if you decline 10 and do 1, you come out ahead.
I don't recall exactly, because declining a mission doesn't matter.
As others said above, do your missions - until you have all the books, weapon mods, and specialty ammo you want from Duke.
I don't recall exactly, because declining a mission doesn't matter.
As others said above, do your missions - until you have all the books, weapon mods, and specialty ammo you want from Duke.
I usually do that one while stacking for rw in between xan cd (saving some e from before stacking). The credits it gives for the e it requires is crazy good.
Not really a waste if you time things right in terms of Energy and Nerve. Also, flying to SA works toward some merits...i.e. flying 50 times to SA or the hunting merits. And you can buy Xanax anyway.
You, EarthFireMonkey, will do it eventually because as of this post the two flying merits you don't have are SA and UAE. lol them being the farthest and not to your liking.
You, EarthFireMonkey, will do it eventually because as of this post the two flying merits you don't have are SA and UAE. lol them being the farthest and not to your liking.
I usually get 3 contracts, pop a vicodin and finish all 3 at once, which also means -1 xanax that day
By doing missions I've gotten all these books, if you are a subscriber, sure you can skip on missions but for me, the only way to get the books are thru missions
[image: gyazo.com]
By doing missions I've gotten all these books, if you are a subscriber, sure you can skip on missions but for me, the only way to get the books are thru missions
[image: gyazo.com]
Smart.
Pro tip: Do it shortly before new day, so you can get a new mission and do 4 of them on your vicodin.
Confirmed, you do lose some agent standing when you decline a contract. Fine with me. I only do about 50% of missions because 5 targets is too much energy, and Africa is too far to fly.
Here's another tip folks. Stake out your targets and wait for someone else to fight-leave them, so you can catch them with low health.
Pro tip: Do it shortly before new day, so you can get a new mission and do 4 of them on your vicodin.
Confirmed, you do lose some agent standing when you decline a contract. Fine with me. I only do about 50% of missions because 5 targets is too much energy, and Africa is too far to fly.
Here's another tip folks. Stake out your targets and wait for someone else to fight-leave them, so you can catch them with low health.
This is true. One day I will just HAVE to for the merits. I have plenty of other merits to get for now. If I ever want to take a break from being active I will consider long haul flights.
Not really... Just because he is missing merits doesn't mean that a mission will compel him to complete said merits. He might just wake up one morning and decide to fly there to complete it, mission or not.
Oh damn thanks for all the information on missions, seems like TLDR is declining missions is pretty much ok in the long run? (Honestly didn't expect there to be too much discussion on this topic so thanks again lmao)
You didn’t get the point lol. It is not ok to decline. But it is only my view vs everyone else :P
Refer to dadood's post above. As long as you don't decline all the missions you shouldnt lose enough agent standing to drop difficulty. As for whether you should or not, it's just a question of how quickly you want to get mission credits and if the opportunity cost is worth it, which everyone will have their own view on.
yeah I cannot agree with that - I keep getting some rly stronk dude as my mission target - someone who f**king nukes me every time first battle - and using 50+ energy for one mission completion seems like a waste
Yes, the agent standing lost when declining a mission is a small fraction of what you gain from successfully completing one.
Failing a mission once accepted, OTOH, is very detrimental to agent standing.
Failing a mission once accepted, OTOH, is very detrimental to agent standing.
Also, merits:
[image: media.discordapp.net]
By the time I completed my 1000th mission for the merit, I had more than enough mission credits to get everything I wanted from the mission shop, so now I decline missions that require energy to complete. There are many that can be completed incidentally if you save them for wars/chains.
[image: media.discordapp.net]
By the time I completed my 1000th mission for the merit, I had more than enough mission credits to get everything I wanted from the mission shop, so now I decline missions that require energy to complete. There are many that can be completed incidentally if you save them for wars/chains.