First of all, I'm aware of this post (literally just seen it, I'd have been more wary if I'd seen it earlier today >.< ), however, since his issue somehow resolved itself, I figured this should be reported separately.
Right, so with the profile editor now being HTML-based, I presumed I'd be able to add a SoundCloud embed code, since that's what one would expect. I did this, saved it, navigated to my profile page to have a look and then..... not only did the embedded player not appear but, EVERYTHING below where I'd added the embed code was completely deleted! Even in 'code' view, it's gone, while the rest of my signature above the embed code, while still there, had its formatting messed up! Plus, it seems to have changed the SoundCloud URL, to a YouTube one (???), while also replicating it several times inside the code view box.
Also, it seems that every time I hit the 'Save' button, the editor adds extra unnecessary code, which further messes up the work I've put into trying to fix it! If you're familiar with the Replicators in Stargate, that's pretty much what it was like! I've spent more than 2 hours trying to salvage what was left of my profile signature (there was a mountain of dud code, 3 times I was told it was too big to save, beyond the 30,000 character limit, after I'd deleted dozens of lines of dud code) but, it's still a mess, because no matter what I do to fix it (I have more than 2 decades of experience with HTML), the editor just f**ks it up!
Why is this happening?
Are there any automatic backups, from which the code of my original profile signature can be restored* (it hasn't been edited in several months, so there's a broad timeframe to work from here)?
There's probably a bit more I was going to add but, my head's about to explode right now after how long I've been buggering about trying to fix my signature, so I'll stop here for just now.
* A complete longshot, obviously but I figured it was worth checking. If I'd known that they'd implemented a Little Shop of Horrors editor, I'd have backed up the code myself, before merely adding something!
Right, so with the profile editor now being HTML-based, I presumed I'd be able to add a SoundCloud embed code, since that's what one would expect. I did this, saved it, navigated to my profile page to have a look and then..... not only did the embedded player not appear but, EVERYTHING below where I'd added the embed code was completely deleted! Even in 'code' view, it's gone, while the rest of my signature above the embed code, while still there, had its formatting messed up! Plus, it seems to have changed the SoundCloud URL, to a YouTube one (???), while also replicating it several times inside the code view box.
Also, it seems that every time I hit the 'Save' button, the editor adds extra unnecessary code, which further messes up the work I've put into trying to fix it! If you're familiar with the Replicators in Stargate, that's pretty much what it was like! I've spent more than 2 hours trying to salvage what was left of my profile signature (there was a mountain of dud code, 3 times I was told it was too big to save, beyond the 30,000 character limit, after I'd deleted dozens of lines of dud code) but, it's still a mess, because no matter what I do to fix it (I have more than 2 decades of experience with HTML), the editor just f**ks it up!
Why is this happening?
Are there any automatic backups, from which the code of my original profile signature can be restored* (it hasn't been edited in several months, so there's a broad timeframe to work from here)?
There's probably a bit more I was going to add but, my head's about to explode right now after how long I've been buggering about trying to fix my signature, so I'll stop here for just now.
* A complete longshot, obviously but I figured it was worth checking. If I'd known that they'd implemented a Little Shop of Horrors editor, I'd have backed up the code myself, before merely adding something!
Mentions: Profile Signature Editing