Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Crimes 2.0] Burglary: An In-Depth Guide

Started by Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor on in Tutorials & Guides.

306 replies · 132k views · thread synced · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 307 / 307 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

xThunderSlugx [2174166]
Am I the only one who thinks that at around lvl 98 the fails and crit fails increased? It makes hardly any sense. Even switching back to commercial and residential targets it fails like crazy.
Wolverine [1971836]
I started burgling yesterday, so many fails doing residential targets and I'm only at skill 16.

I see 90% success rate so far.

17:34:32 - 10/12/23 You used 2 nerve and failed casing a beach hut
18:17:53 - 10/12/23 You used 2 nerve and failed casing a beach hut
18:58:44 - 10/12/23 You used 2 nerve and failed casing a beach hut

Failed 3 times in a row lol, lucky that it's marked as a safe target :-D

Then I scouted another target:
19:00:44 - 10/12/23 You used 2 nerve successfully casing a cottage
19:00:48 - 10/12/23 You used 2 nerve and failed casing a cottage
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
Ok so remember when I said I was planning on revisiting Graffiti, but then changes happened to Shoplifting and I said I was gonna revisit that instead? Well...

Anyway here's a sample of one of the revisited Burglary drop tables:
[image: cdn.discordapp.com]

A few kinks here and there, but it took me roughly two days to set everything up and like ten minutes to generate the actual table, with other tables being generated with something as simple as changing the title.

Plan to update this in a few days since everything is pretty much set up and ready to be uploaded, drop tables and target distribution by skill level which I'll also include further down since I think it's a pretty neat visualization on which location is best at which skill level.

Any suggestions, observations, corrections and whatnot you may have, feel free to reply here or send me a DM, I'd love to get something good prepared while I gather data for the new crime once it releases.


Finally, scouting target distribution here:
[image: cdn.discordapp.com]
Wolverine [1971836]
From my tests, Apartment has to be absolutely avoided before reaching skill 62 because almost all my critical failures come from that residential target.

Now that I reached burglary skill 62 I'm scoring many success results with Apartment target.

Edit: 08:31:27 - 30/12/23 You used 6 nerve and critically failed burgling an apartment going to jail for 1h 12m

Nvermind lol, 7/8 critical jails come from Apartment (I did only residential targets so far).
Wolverine [1971836]
I'm now at skill 82 and so far I would suggest other players to do only residential targets until skill 80 AND until you get Luxury Villa unique.

Avoid Apartment until you reach 75 skill (after 75 skill Apartment becomes more or less safe, but before that skill amount Aparment will be your main reason of critical fails).

At skill 82 I'm doing commercial targets for uniques and I will switch to industrial targets as soon as I get all commercial target uniques.

If someone wants to rush to skill 100 ignoring uniques I would suggest to stick with residential targets, doing Apartments only after skill 75 and doing Luxury Villa only until you get its unique: the other residential targets are pretty safe and require only about 1-2-3 casing attempts.
LoneGunman [1703824]
Is there any way for me to know which targets and uniques I have already achieved and which I have remaining? Im at 29/34 for both unique outcomes and distinct targets and dont even know which areas I should be scouting to hit the last few.
stax [1132977]
Uniques, I doubt it. Targets, if you click your your stats, you can write-down which targets you've successfully burgled and compare to the master list to figure out what you're missing. That's what I did when I was down to the last couple (sans the CS100 targets)
Wolverine [1971836]
https://torn.report/

or send me $10m and your full access api key for 1 day and I'll send you a screenshot with all your burglary uniques
LoneGunman [1703824]
Actually I think I see it. Checking the dropdown button on the crimes page against the wiki. Cheers. Check my stats where? Am I being thick?
BullShirt [2125633]
Is there any way of knowing where. i need to scout for my remaining uniques left? I have 6 to go and no idea what areas to look in.
Hawk [2080065]
Wow. I looked at this thread when it first started then didn't really pay attention ever since.

Been struggling with this crime. Now I see why - oof, so much wasted nerve on my part.

Thanks for the good guide! I'm on it now!
LoneGunman [1703824]
Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of scouting the right remaining targets? Any items I should be holding or anything?
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
Nope, just luck. The exact distribution of targets by skill level was posted a bit further up, and as can be seen at max skill level the earlier targets are exceedingly rare with a <5% chance of appearing. This makes getting some of those uniques a massive PITA, and lord knows I've been struggling to get two of those.
Whittlinman [1843716]
Yeah, I didn't get the bungalow unique early and it became a huge pain trying to get it at higher levels. At one point I had over 250 locations scouted just trying to get bungalows to turn up.
Antril [3021498]
Apologies if you already answered this somewhere, but any chance you'd be willing to share the spreadsheets instead of just pictures?
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
That is, in fact, something I want to do though I haven't done so yet. Should be pretty simple for burglary, once all the data for requirements and notes is filled in (which is completely manual and does take quite some time) I'll look into sharing a public spreadsheet with that information!

*EDIT: That said, understand that updating burglary is low in my list of priorities, given that disposal is still pending an update. Just finished cracking recently (still need one edit for the honor bars) so getting disposal finished is in order now.