Torn is great. I currently don't have a life and spend much time playing. Now... I get why there are many things you can't do while flying. Like .... Idk... Beating someone telepathically from thousands of miles away. That makes sense. But why can't we have something besides forums to do? Like I can, in real life, start an online store which I can but and sell crap... Like on Amazon or whatever. Why can't we do that here? This ain't 1980 bro.
I get why I can't simultaneously be flying around the world AND racing in torn... Obviously because I'm not Chuck Norris. But why can't I play online casino or something? I mean... That's a thing in RL. Or access my bank... Online banking is a thing too...
I'm really just throwing random crap out there... But I'm really wondering WHY I can't have SOMETHING to do while flying that can be beneficial or entertaining.
Great game btw. All you people who put in so much time and effort into this game I give you a beer if you was here. Even the ones who don't necessarily program, but moderate and write and all that stuff. I cannot express very well that you are doing great job. :D ... Now make flying not so sucky too please. ^.^
Isn't flying intentionally supposed to be boring?
oh no my flying fun...
Flying is meant to be boring, ched has stated this many times and has no intention of changing that.
You could always sell trade chat advertising to pass the time
Bro even on an air plane you can use a laptop and do activities that will benefit you O.o
OHHHH ok gotcha. I'm sorry. I didn't know this was intentional. I'm noob obviously. :) I will keep my mouth shut about it
You can always trade DN when you’re flying
if you want realism, Ched should make the flight duration realistic too. Its about an 18 hour journey one way with a stop over to Cape Town lel.
Whoa whoa guys. I already recanted. No need to beat a dead horse. This post can die now. I was unaware that Ched has intentionally made flying so lame. Every other aspect about the game is great! :D thanks for the info
i still don't understand why you cant access the casino whilst flying if you have a laptop maybe not certain games like russian routlette or blackjack but at least make bookies available.
Well there are reasons for some of your functional suggestions unrelated to "fun," like online banking. Think of the huge implications that has if you can move money while flying. You already have a 15-second invuln window when landing. Now imagine you can move money around at will during the several hours when you can't be attacked. So I can leave Torn with $0, withdraw money to buy items or rehab, deposit any money I receive from my bazaar or people, and then return to Torn with $0. Everyone would be virtually impossible to mug. From a game balance perspective it's just a terrible idea; one must consider that this is a game and should be balanced, unlike real life which is not, so "it works in real life so it should work in a game too" is faulty reasoning from the beginning.
List of people still crying about being mugged and want infinite safety:
oluwaferanmi disliked your post
Gurdygroan disliked your post
It's supposed to be boring. It's been mentioned more than a few times. No poker. Trading. It is what it is.
Fat chance in hell, it has been suggested numerous times but flying is supposed to lock you up.
Well, the point of travelling is that you can make a lot of money without the need of huge capital beforehand at the expense of time. So if you can also buy and sell things in the market, that would make it overpowered? Idk
Btw i do hope that ched wouldimplement crimes that we can commit abroad(crime 3.0?). But thats for another discussion.
Tic Tac Toe vs a different flying player
You used to be able to buy and sell stonks while flying, and they intentionally removed it.
Although you can still access the market while flying which is nice. One of the few pages that doesn't give you an access error.
What about the possibility of muging other passengers?
Or using nerves to steal a passenger's money on the flight to or from Torn ?
you bring up good points, but unless the community as a whole (like, 20k people) wants changes, ched is unlikely to do much about it
I'm unsure if he would budge on this even with 20k votes. It has been suggested, but too few voted I guess.