What is the advantage of not leveling up when prompted?
Holding your level
Started by HoboTrash [3136435] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 13
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 13
- Likes on archived posts
- 20
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 64 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
- goblinMode [2809005]
· 9 likes ·
As a restart, I've done the whole high level 'depend on me' game play. I've fought in constant wars and walls. I lost interest in that. However I do like the gambling and racing side of torn, so I restarted …
Belongs is Q&A
Nothing really. Occasionally, you get free defends from players who don't know better but that's about it. You're practically at a disadvantage in terms of HP and one lucky hit can end you during wars. It's just a certain type of playstyle.
As a restart, I've done the whole high level 'depend on me' game play. I've fought in constant wars and walls. I lost interest in that. However I do like the gambling and racing side of torn, so I restarted from scratch. I decided to be a level holder because flying is boring and you only need to be level 7 to get all the casino games. Eventually I will move up to level 10 for company ownership, in about 4 months. (When my last Business class completes.) But, I don't intend to get any higher until that moment I hunt for merits; then I'll move to level 15 to get flying merits.
Plus, to see people attack you and majority of your defense is successful, is a charming thing to come back to when logging in. Bounties don't hurt us basically. For every person that puts a level holder in the hospital we have received about ten successful defends.
Anyway, remember, everyone has their methods of gameplay. It's not always grind grind grind. You can chill and enjoy the game. The grinders will never be content or happy.
Plus, to see people attack you and majority of your defense is successful, is a charming thing to come back to when logging in. Bounties don't hurt us basically. For every person that puts a level holder in the hospital we have received about ten successful defends.
Anyway, remember, everyone has their methods of gameplay. It's not always grind grind grind. You can chill and enjoy the game. The grinders will never be content or happy.
No need, just for fun.
there's no point.. you make yourself much weaker in battle... my opinion is only a retard would do such a thing
Wow go easy on us mate... We level holder are not a retard
I mean, if you know what you're doing, go for it. But as a newbie it's not recommend.
Moved to QnA
There’s a good and bad way to lvl holding. Imo. Dont just hold at lvl 15 forever. Work up in intervals. I have over 1k legit defends and never been a major lvl holder. Has brought me several merits and put me in the top 3k for defends, at no cost. But again, don’t just sit at lvl 15. I stayed at lvl 25 till 100m, then went to lvl 35 till 250m, lvl 50 till 500m, 75 till 750m, 90 till 1b and will stay at 95 till 5b. If you just sit at lvl 15 or 20 with 5b stats, you are gonna be VERY upset when a guy with 500m comes through and smacks you easily because of your lack of life. Happens all the time.
Take a notice that when you finish in jail it is much easier to pull out lower lvl. On other side it is much harder for you to pull out higher lvls.
If you intent to use a Smurf gun then level hold. Otherwise you are just hurting yourself.