Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Palworld

Started by Artibus [2464843] on in Gaming.

36 replies · 454 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
37
Discussion span
→
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Artibus [2464843]
Okay so there's a beauty of an Early Access game that just release called Palworld. If you like pokemon, ark, rust or anything similar you'll love Palword. Open world Survival monster catching. The monsters you catch can be used to fight with you or be used in your base to automate tasks. Getting done with day 1 of playing been enjoying it so far. It has online co-op as well so you can make multiplayer lobbies.
BlazingBill [3173007]
It's got a hint of ark in it. But so far this game is amazing to me. I jumped up on a pokebal... I mean pal sphere when I was trying to catch a pokemo.. I mean pal and got launched in the air after I caught it. 10/10
Varides [2176530]
I would not compare it to rust in the slightest in its current iteration. There is no PvP at the moment but yeah, it's got a super great base for developing a good game. Hopefully that pans out and development continues at a good rate with actual progress
goblinMode [2809005]
This is Conan Exiles vs Pokémon. But it moves slower and the building sucks. But I’ve only played for 3 hours. Gonna hop on and attempt to join an official server. Last night I got stuck on the loading screen when attempting to join. But solo I can do. You got a map code you can dm to me so I at least have one person I can game with?
masheen [2625139]
Been playing this with the boyfriend and we both really like it. I'm not a ark/rust and the like sort of person but this game really drew me in.

I managed to get some old members of mine to try it and they like it as well. If you want to start playing, do so now whilst the hype is there.
A_Mean_Person [1631303]
Hope they make enough money to fight Nintendo in courts... Or the game won't last that long.

The game is fun though, playing it alone, about 4h in or so, and still entertained.
Artibus [2464843]
I don't think nintendo has enough of a case to get the game shut down. Most they could do is get like maybe 3 designs changed. Which if nintendo does that then all it will do is bring more noteriety and popularity to palworld. What nintendo really needs to do is buckle down and make a better pokemon game instead of trying to crush competition through litigation.
A_Mean_Person [1631303]
Nintendo is basicly known for suing everyone for basicly anything remotely related to their ip's. This surely will be no diferent.

Also Nintendo won't give a crap about palworld popularity as it's not even directly competing with their games as they don't do PC games.

But hey, let's wait and find out... That is a Pokémon rip off, it is... that is amazingly blatant for anyone remotely familiar with Pokémon, hence the popularity of the game.
Artibus [2464843]
the issue i see besides maybe 3 designs is you can't patent game mechanics. So you can't patent catching monsters in a ball. The most they can maybe get them on is monster designs but the other issue is theres only so many ways you can design monsters based off real world animals
Varides [2176530]
Nintendo didn't do anything about TemTem and that game is way closer to Pokemon than Palworld is.

I think the only issue would be if some of those internet sleuths are correct about Palworld using the same models that are featured in existing Pokemon games.
Artibus [2464843]
its hard to justify it on models especially since there's only so many ways to model bipedal and quadrupedal designs. Plus both companies are in japan so it's more on japans patent laws
Gothologist [2306065] Wiki Contributor
I have over 200 hours into the game already I'm absolutely addicted and need help.

Somebody should make a PalWorld server for Torn players. If not, I've got a server you're all welcome to play on :D Send me a mail for details (Steam version, not the gamepass version since they aren't compatible).