Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Temp weapon debuff

Started by GassyTerps [1444838] on in Questions & Answers.

16 replies · 453 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
14
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

GassyTerps [1444838]
Sorry but I couldn’t find the answer to this on the wiki but if I initiate an attack and throw a temp on turn one is the opponents turn one retaliation/action effected by the temp debuff or does it only apply on turn 2 and after?


edit meant to Q&A this
Varides [2176530]
Defending player actions always occur after the attacking player so that debuff would apply to the defending player attacks.

If you are defending, and attacking player hits you, and you throw a temp, the temp won't apply till their next turn.

But yes, Q&A
Varides [2176530]
Do you even read bro?

That wasn't his question in the slightest. Maybe read the content before sounding off like a douche in your reply.
Dizzy [1806971]
That's not true. Counter attacks happen instantly. The temp doesn't activate until the following round.

How this looks.

Start attack and throw a flash bang on round 1
Opponent counter attacks and is NOT affected by this flash

Round 2 the opponent is now suffering from the flash




Proof can be found Here

Mentions: Temp usage

Vivien_Yap [2433359]
That doesn't seem to make sense with today's attacking system. Attacks always happen before defensive counter attacks. That's why attacker's advantage is a thing, the attacker is always dealing damage/making their turns before the defender. There's also weapon bonuses that work on the same turn you use them such as parry and home run, doesn't make sense for you to pepper spray some guy and only have it take effect after they stab you once. Seeing as that post is from 4 years ago I would say it's pretty likely that it was overhauled at some point.
Dizzy [1806971]
Because I asked Bogie last year. Don't have the chat as it was in DMs instead of mails but you're free to ask him yourself. He'll always respond
Emarlite [2441561]
I have no proof to add to this discussion, I just always understood that the temp debuff won't occur until after the defenders attack when I've just thrown it!
So if I'm hitting a target that I know has high spd compared to my dex that even if I through flash or tear gas he will hit me on his very first turn and then hopefully miss on subsequent turns.

For me attackers advantage is more about 1 hit kills, or being able to wait out temps used by defender! Or if I'm missing defender with my primary I can swap to melee with higher accuaracy!
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Actually turns out I was mistaken. I was certain it was the next turn, CJ seemed so too but just in case we checked with the devs - those kinds of things do actually apply on the same turn.

So if you throw a smoke grenade it will debuff the opponent's speed on that same turn too, not just from the next turn.

Same applies to weapon debuffs such as demoralize/wither etc.