Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Sort Items By Amount

Started by rBree2 [2771927] on in Suggestions.

4 replies · 14 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
32 / 100
rBree2 [2771927]
With the limit being placed on item hoarders warning them restrictions will be in place eventually if they have too many items in their inventory, could we have a "sort by amount owned" option rather than just the "sort by alphabetical" option we have now?

I can move the excess items I have or even if need be sell them--but tracking down which items I have the most of is a pain to do when the only sorting option is alphabetical. Just being able to see which items I have the most of would be a huge quality of life update.
rBree2 [2771927]
The headers sort items by type--not amount.

You can sort items by type. They're still listed alphabetically. A - Z. Ca is alphabetically first, Ch is second, J is alphabetically middle K is alphabetically after, and L is alphabetically last.

I'm asking for sorting by item QUANTITY. Item Amount. By that, it'd go Chamoi (2800), Camel (2300), Kitten (1200), Jaguar, Lion. As far as I know, that option doesn't exist and that's the option I'm asking for. Sorting items by AMOUNT, by QUANTITY, so we know which we have the most of in, sayyyyyy, Misc items.
JackKelly [2271177]
NO NEED FOR CAPS. I understand the difference between sorting ALPHABETICALLY and by QUANTITY. I just couldn't imagine someone actually knowing how to sort their inventory by item-type, yet the couple of seconds it takes to scan each type, to see what item you have the most of, being too much trouble for that person

Good luck on your suggestion.
rBree2 [2771927]
It's a problem for tabs which don't all fit on one screen. There's a difference between a tab which has five items on it like Plushies, and a tab which has 500 items on it like Miscellaneous. If there's 500 items on a tab, you still have to scroll down through them all to look at how much of each you have.

It's also an issue for the adding items to display case screen, because they all show there.

My suggestion is a simple quality of life change that allows for sorting by the amount had, rather than a more arbitrary method like the default alphabetical.