Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Points glitch

Started by LITTLED29 [3201332] on in Bugs & Issues.

2 replies · 46 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
38 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

LITTLED29 [3201332] ×1 MartyMarZz [3215450] ×1

LITTLED29 [3201332]
Device: samsung SM-S911U Android: 14 App version: 2.0.21
I am copy and pasting some stuff from chats I have had with admins/staff so a space might be missing here and there.

The bug is if you put points up for sale you can be double paid if two people buy the points at almost the same time. I put points up for sale a week ago, it didn't sell so Ilowered the price and put it back up on the point market but a slight glitch occurred and I had to put it up for a second time. I never had more than 25 points on my end but around a minute after I had the glitch and had to put the same 25 points up for sale twice I got paid twice because two seperate people bought it and i got both of the millions within seconds of each other.
Idk what caused the bug but I know I should not have been paid twice for the same amount of points. I still have the extra million.The way this could be abused is by someone who has friends or is using multiple accounts despite not being allowed to, putting up a lot of points for super cheap and then duplicate them by having at least two accounts buy the points. It could be rapidly done and even automated. I had bought 75 points and then a racing license which left me with 25 points which is something i brought up to an admin their response was "There does seem to be some discrepancy between your reports and your log, from what I can see you should have 25 points left over based on what you had."

Other things that might be important: I was watching a video on my phone while playing torn and I have been having internet issues lately which could have caused a miscommunication which caused me to put up the same 25 points that I had twice despite it only showing up on my end as having been put up once.
Ampheromine [2065865]
Hello I'm the staff member in question. After extensive investigation and conversation with this user, it has been determined that this isn't actually a bug, just a misunderstanding in points values and deductions.

User had 75, used 25 for stock ticker, listed 25 for sale, removed listing, then redid listing for full amount of points leaving 0 points. No duplicates present. (Sorry CJ)

75 - 25 - 25 + 25 - 50 = 0
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
05:56:31 - 15/02/24 LittleD29 added 10x points to the points market at $1 each for a total of $10
05:55:56 - 15/02/24 LittleD29 bought 10x points from MartyMarZz on the points market at $46,850 each for a total of $468,500
3 HOURS AGO
04:56:42 - 15/02/24 LittleD29 added 25x points to the points market at $46,700 each for a total of $1,167,500
04:56:37 - 15/02/24 LittleD29 added 25x points to the points market at $46,700 each for a total of $1,167,500
04:56:14 - 15/02/24 LittleD29 removed 25x points from the points market at $48,000 each for a total of $1,200,000
User ID Time Created Type Value before Value after Value Script
3201332 15/02/2024 05:56:31 Points 10 0 -10 /pmarket.php?ajax_actionaddlisting1points10price1confirm1
3201332 15/02/2024 05:55:56 Points 0 10 10 /pmarket.php?
3201332 15/02/2024 04:56:42 Points 25 0 -25 /pmarket.php?ajax_actionaddlisting1points25price46700confirm1
3201332 15/02/2024 04:56:37 Points 50 25 -25 /pmarket.php?ajax_actionaddlisting1points25price46700confirm1
3201332 15/02/2024 04:56:14 Points 25 50 25 /pmarket.php?
As has already been mentioned above, you already had 25 points on hand before you removed the points from the market. You were able to list 25 points twice because you had 50 points on hand.

Thanks!

Mentions: LITTLED29 [3201332] · MartyMarZz [3215450]