Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Need some help!

Started by sk8bit [2123540] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 283 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
11
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

sk8bit [2123540]
So I've read through the newbie tutorials and cleared George's missions, joined a faction and got a job that I enjoy. I also reached level 15, but now I'm not 100% sure what I should be doing. I understand that there is no specific path of action I should be taking but it just feels like my usual routine isn't cutting it. For example, when I'm selected to participate in an organized crime for my faction I don't always succeed... I guess it's because my crime level is too low?

This is my usual to-do:

• Eat candy until I'm full, pop an ecstasy, train my stats.
• Do crimes until my nerve is depleted.
• Browse around my items, sell some stuff if I can.
• Pay upkeep, educate myself, use merits (following a merits guide to get the easy ones)

That's basically it.

I haven't tried running plushies yet because I'm not sure how to do it yet. I'll probably attempt it today once I understand it better.

Can anyone give me some advice on things to do? I just feel like I'm missing a lot of stuff. Thanks ?
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
- For organised crimes, it takes the total ce (crime exp, a hidden measure of how good a criminal you are) of the team into account. You can continue doing crimes and it'll increase. A few fails are expected. If there are too many, check in with the person setting oc's

You're doing alright. Running plushies is pretty easy. You get a pi rental, make sure it has airstrip, get the staff, including the pilot. Get a large suitcase, then travel to destinations based on your time schedule, buy plushies from there, sell them in torn

You could do more xanaxes for training. Xtc might be ok for jumps, but training with xanax js important as well (and can be done along with) because it gives more e. Almost doubled the amount of e you get daily

I'd also recommend getting a donator pack, or buying a subscriber status if you want. They increase e regen

Apart from this, just keep exploring and see what you have fun doing :D While there are some optimal path, torn is pretty open in terms of the goals you want to set and achieve
Triarius22 [2763264]
Bring a small amount of $, like 15k, fly to Canada, buy plusies ASAP when you land, and fly back. Try not to sit there idle for long, just go, buy them if they are available, wait if not (ug) and get back ASAP.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
Collect enough flowers and plushies, and sell to reputable traders. Most traders are not willing to risk a hit to their reputation so trade with someone and collect enough money to rent a basic Private Island with Airstrip for 7-10 days, fly and collect 2 or 3 times a day, with that money get an extension from the renter and you want to save for a Large Suitcase.

But before you do any of that, join a better faction, one with some high level players to help guide you and teach you the game. Make sure it has +10 Excursion. You're completely gimping your gameplay by being in the faction you are currently in. All the missing specials hurt. There are tons of factions with 500,000 respect or higher that would love to have you.
Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee
Other things to do that many people build their game around:

- making money. At your stage that's probably flying for now, but you can also flip small things from item market, eventually aim to be a trader or to develop and sell services if you feel like it

- socialising. Lots of people spend hours a day hanging out with their faction mates and friends in chat, discord, forums, as well as messing around in the public forums (advanced mode, be very careful with this if you are small and new). There are large discord servers like the main torn server, lotto servers, etc if your own faction isn't that active.

- merit hunting. Take a look here, sort by days remaining or % complete to find easy merits to do. Set goals of how many to achieve by what dates. This is especially good for new people because award hunting introduces you to lots of aspects of the game you might find you really enjoy and want to base more of your gameplay around

- attacking (for merits, RW, chaining with your faction, missions, mercing, etc). Early on your faction should be teaching you about attacking, but later if you enjoy it there's so many ways to use it to make money, get awards, have fun.

- running companies or factions. This is definitely not something for new players, but if you are interested in the idea you can already start to research it a bit, visit various factions or try different companies to see how differently they are run, ask questions of faction leaders or directors you find approachable and good at what they do, plan for the future when you might have the resources to do it yourself. Even small new players can get a taste of leadership through offering to help out in your own faction (maybe even ending up on council), or in events like elimination.
Robbo [1826175]
all good advice, here is the thing that made torn enjoyable for me:

once you have funds from item running the game really opens up. Torn is a bit pants at your stage so don't think you're the only person to feel like this.

Using item running to work towards capping your city bank with 2 bil should be a main focus and is one of the best achievements for new players. It represents that transition from being a new player to entering the middle game and having some serious spending power between continued income + interest from the bank.

There will always be things to work towards at this stage, unlimited things really. From collecting all the passive stock blocks, maybe paying for a block of losses, paying for company trains...whatever you want.

Even an average runner can make 3-4 mil a day if you don't mind the flight time.