Please see this ched or someone who can review how company employees work in game, im sick of having people leave my company with no notice and i suffer because of it and there's no downside from just leaving companies which is extremely frustrating ive spent 900 days trying to hit 10* ive followed all the guides i have all the educations i have half the stocks, but ive never budged passed 7-9* because people just leave surely there is a system you could implement or make possibly negative effects for just leaving someone in the dust
Devs
Started by Slumdaddy [2095196] on in Company Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 17
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 12
- Authority score
- 37 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Acelx [2169062]
· 3 likes ·
Idk sounds like a you problem - 937John_S [1859996]
· 2 likes ·
I think he's talking about "employment history". That wouldn't be bad and would make that aspect more realistic. I run a psf. So... I know how that is. I just overpay everyone more than anyone else will. That's the only …
Idk sounds like a you problem
Problem you have is it's best to have a game environment where there is flexibility for the player.
They shouldn't be locked in to 1 playstyle.
Change happens as a director you need to be adaptable.
They shouldn't be locked in to 1 playstyle.
Change happens as a director you need to be adaptable.
Unfortunately this is just part of being a director. It's also my least favorite part of owning a company. However, just like in my country irl, employment in torn is considered "at will", meaning you choose to be an employee. A dual-sided pro and con of that, is that either the employee or the employer can determine at any time to terminate the employment agreement, with no repercussions. In my country we have some laws that require notice prior to that termination, but those laws only apply to specific situations. For the most part, you can quit or be fired at will, notice is simply a courtesy.
To counteract this issue, I go out of my way to support my employees, and in return they usually support me back. Not necessarily by sticking around forever, but they keep their addiction low and they give me notice if they're going to leave, sometimes even a couple of weeks worth of notice. If you're struggling to maintain consistent employees, perhaps try deliberately hiring employees who are looking for a constant wage income, or who are explicitly looking for rotational/purchased trains.
Being a director is really rewarding in torn, especially for some companies! However, it requires a responsive and dynamic player to be able to succeed as a director. You need to be constantly aware of numerous variable factors, and be willing + able to respond to varience therein.
Try reaching out to some established directors running top companies for some tips on how to be a more successful director! Many of them are willing to help those trying to learn :)
To counteract this issue, I go out of my way to support my employees, and in return they usually support me back. Not necessarily by sticking around forever, but they keep their addiction low and they give me notice if they're going to leave, sometimes even a couple of weeks worth of notice. If you're struggling to maintain consistent employees, perhaps try deliberately hiring employees who are looking for a constant wage income, or who are explicitly looking for rotational/purchased trains.
Being a director is really rewarding in torn, especially for some companies! However, it requires a responsive and dynamic player to be able to succeed as a director. You need to be constantly aware of numerous variable factors, and be willing + able to respond to varience therein.
Try reaching out to some established directors running top companies for some tips on how to be a more successful director! Many of them are willing to help those trying to learn :)
I think he's talking about "employment history". That wouldn't be bad and would make that aspect more realistic. I run a psf. So... I know how that is. I just overpay everyone more than anyone else will. That's the only way I can keep them.
While there is an element of luck when it comes to who is or isn't in your company, did you have a look at other companies and see what they do differently? I'd reach out to a few 9's and ask if they ever been 10 and why they aren't now or stopped being 10. And speak with a few 10s and ask about positions, ads and what not. Most will keep that info to themselves, but you will find a person willing to help somewhere in between.
The reason I say this is for instance I was in a candle shop and it was 9 stars that wasn't run really well and the guy managed to flip it around and it's now a very good 10. I noticed this person has 1-2 better employees but idk about the others. So something had to change in his setup: employees, ads, composition etc
The reason I say this is for instance I was in a candle shop and it was 9 stars that wasn't run really well and the guy managed to flip it around and it's now a very good 10. I noticed this person has 1-2 better employees but idk about the others. So something had to change in his setup: employees, ads, composition etc
Tbh you dont have it nearly as bad as other company types do. There's always high demand for ANs, and the amount of concurrent 10* ANs is staggeringly high. So getting there is rather easy if you have the required know how. I've had AN before for over a year i think, and it was a breeze keeping it at 10*. Even when someone left, its not difficult to sustain 10* on 9 employees if you have good set up and know what stats to take in. (not talking about behemots with 300k+ stats).
TLDR, you can avoid this issue in your specific company with required know how and proper set up.
TLDR, you can avoid this issue in your specific company with required know how and proper set up.
that's why everyone sub 100k demands 4-5m and over 100k demand 7m+. It's a problem.
What's the problem exactly? I have a PSF. Either I overpay or I offer something different...
It's a free market and if someone are willing to "share the profit" I don't see the problem in it. If it gets to expensive and not worth having a PSF anymore less will have it and wages goes down again. Easy.
It's a free market and if someone are willing to "share the profit" I don't see the problem in it. If it gets to expensive and not worth having a PSF anymore less will have it and wages goes down again. Easy.
People will go if they are not satisfied, and you will also fire them if you are not satisfied with them....
It's part of the process, so as the Director, you should balance how you run your company to satisfy you both...
It's part of the process, so as the Director, you should balance how you run your company to satisfy you both...
Well imagine having 30 slots, and each employee is asking for average $5m per day for their over 100k stats. What "profit" share?
But as boogie said...
But as boogie said...
If you're giving in and paying 4m a day to anyone regardless of their stats then you are the problem here.
Nah, you are not the problem... You are the one who have problem...
As I said, it will handle it self... If you pay 4x15=60 mil a day you better have income to cover it. That company is hardly able to sell and not profitable to the director...
As I said, it will handle it self... If you pay 4x15=60 mil a day you better have income to cover it. That company is hardly able to sell and not profitable to the director...
Exactly this is what I am implying. To get a decent employees they expect 5 - 6 - 7 mil depending on their stat a day and if everyone is doing it, the company does not have that income to cover these costs. And yes, that kind of director is having a problem. It's a problem, like I said.
Something has to be done - either limit the how many companies can be created, remove stagnating and dead companies etc..
Something has to be done - either limit the how many companies can be created, remove stagnating and dead companies etc..
But again... What is the problem with this? Is it that your profit gets to small? If someone wants to give a to big share or even above income... Either I have to match it, find another way or take a job instead of having a company.
To be clear... I don't see how it is in cheds interest that directors make money?
EASY SOLUTION!! hire slaves
Basically what he's trying the say the silver lining is that.....
CHEMICAL TOYS! - For Sale!!!
Toy Shop
VERY Active players
Easy to run
Travel perks +5 plushies
Message for more details
ASKING: Make me an offer
CHEMICAL TOYS! - For Sale!!!
Toy Shop
VERY Active players
Easy to run
Travel perks +5 plushies
Message for more details
ASKING: Make me an offer