Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Correlation|Xanax usage| Drug cooldown|Overdosing

Started by Enzo60 [2544619] on in General Discussion.

31 replies · 924 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Orange_Walrus [2601735]
Shooting twice is profitable if you go second and heres why:

normal run (both players takes turn doing one shot each, A = enemy, B = you):

1 A
2 B
3 A
4 B
5 A
6 B

3x A, 3x B - fair 50/50 chance

If you go 2nd and do doube shot:

1 A
2 B
3 B
4 A
5 B
6 A

3x A, 3x B - fair 50/50 chance

So far its not profitable, so where does the profit come in?

It's due to human psychology, after having a couple of battles with you and seeing you always shoot twice on your first round they are more likely (not saying guaranteed, however more likely) to start doing the same, and if they shoot twice as first player this will happen:

1 A
2 A
3 B
4 A
5 B
6 A

Suddenly we have reached 4x A and 2x B which means you will win 2 out of every 3 battles where you tricked your opponent to shoot twice.
gnorf [2411019]
After reading the title I came into this thread expecting some sort of break down with statistical analysis and boy was I disappointed
Zanz [2830805]
Faction xanax always seem to have higher risk than your own. Maybe it's moldy in the faction armories?
mutley [588278] Moderator Official
You misread my post, let me clear that up.
5-6 months ago I stopped Xanax completely and took the other drugs for the merits.
After achieving merits, 3 months ago I resumed Xanax (3x per day).
Since resuming Xanax I have not OD'd in 3 months.
Penetration [2340613]
Gotcha.

3 month run of no OD on xanax isn't really that uncommon. I've had it happen a number of times, like I have had multiple OD's in a month multiple times.

Unfortunately Ched is now aware of your streak of luck and will be sure to turn your OD's up.
mutley [588278] Moderator Official
  • You took some Xanax and downed a glass of water. A headache was followed by nausea and vomiting. You overdosed.
    04:55:05
    11/03/24
and there it is!
Broxogar [2728258]
Humans are basically pigeons.

When they don't understand the reason something happens they start to develop superstitious behaviours.