30 replies · 500 views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Odin-All-Father[2010524]
· 7 likes · For anyone who’s even considering ‘investing’ here’s an insight to how it will go, which is one of two ways; Legit (not a scam) (highly unlikely); An efficient, well run, maxed out oil rig will make 50~M daily profit. If …
Flak[2091491]
· 6 likes · "should **something** happen there is the risk of no return to your investment. " That makes this the equivalent of a scam R-
HarryWho[196532]
· 5 likes · So I received an investment proposal..... The whole draft seems to me vaguely veil as a loan proposal. Sadly a loan proposal without as any projected numbers to give me confidence to invest. Everything written is to safeguard the company …
I'm looking to start up an oil rig for my faction but need investors to get it started. We have 18 shares remaining. I'm not collecting funds for the creation yet. Just people willing to opt-in to the project.
I'm looking to raise $4.5b through selling ownership shares in the company. $250m for 0.5% ownership in the company. This means 0.5% weekly income dividends (not including trains), and that percent of sale price should the company be sold.
I have a business agreement plan for anyone interested.
$50b is my approximate price for an oil rig with all of the bells and whistles hence the $250m for 0.5% ownership.
If you have any inquires feel free to reach out.
I also aim to give access to the torn stats for the company to stock holding members to help with transparent communication.
Edit: Thanks for everyone who helped me gain more numbers to work with on the project, as well as those who gave actual constructive feedback. I've come to the conclusion that I need to take smaller steps in my plan for the Oil Rig. Perhaps in a year or so I'll be in a proper position to get one rolling.
can u brake it down for us bud ??? i might be interested as well as I've owned a 10 * and sold it ! also your net worth will not let u start one and make money straight away !!! u need at list 20 B just to kind of get somewhere !
Oil Rig Pitch Looking for $8.5b in investment capital. It should be noted for everyone's awareness that this is an investment and should something happen there is the risk of no return to your investment. Selling 34, 1/2% (0.5%) stocks in the company for $250m each. Stock in the company translates to that percent of the weekly sales based income in payout as well as that percent of over all sale if the company is sold. Income made from sale of trains will not be included in weekly payouts, but will be funneled back in to the company for continued development. Buyout of stock will be managed by me and ownership will be tracked on my end. Should members want I can send out notifications each time distribution of stocks changes. Buyout value per stock will the percent of the company it is against the projected value of the company. Once the company gets its footing I will open buyouts to anyone looking to sell their stock back to me. Before that period stock holding members are free to negotiate deals with eachother and non-stock holding members when looking to sell stocks. But until the company is situated selling back to myself will not be available. As for delegation of responsibilities and other rules for stock holding members; Responsibility for all company operations will be on myself. Decisions will be made by myself, but I am more than willing to receive and solicit feedback from stock holding members. Stock holding members may contribute extra things to the company to enhance it's development but it is not expected. ie working for company, donating extra funds for upgrades, etc Stock holding members will be void of daily pay from the company as employees. This is to prevent a conflict of interest in the company as well as double dipping. Being a stockholding member does not guarantee you a position in the company. As the one taking sole responsibility for the company I see the health of the company being a priority. Things like inactivity and addiction penalties (and other things that limit the company) hinder all stock holding members and the company. This is the kind of situation stock holding members will not be protected from. Stocks in the company will have the potential for a stock split. Where for example all stocks might be split in to two. In this case the over all percent value in the company will remain the same. So if a stock holder holds 4, 1/2% stocks (total 2% in the company), the 4 will become 8, 1/4% stocks (still total 2% in the company). As for projected income for the company the ones that exist range from $12m - $1b weekly income. I am unable to project the exact rate of growth and return on investment. As each director's drive to grow their company is different. Stock holding members will have the opportunity to be added to the company's Director category in Torn Stats. This is to promote visibility and communication in the company. Should any changed be made all stockholding members will be notified.
The whole draft seems to me vaguely veil as a loan proposal. Sadly a loan proposal without as any projected numbers to give me confidence to invest.
Everything written is to safeguard the company director from losing money, with little to no incentive for the 250 mil loan.
After reading it. I still don't get to know what exactly I am expected to get for me 250 mil investment. It is definitely not a share of the company, as it is very clear the discretion lies with the director alone.
The whole draft sounds to me like a loan proposal with the debtor dictating terms, and not the creditors.
Thanks. But I am out. I was actually looking for income and expenses and projected growth, even though I can understand that I won't be part ownership of the company. Hope you have better luck with others who sees your plan better than I did.
Figured i'd give constructive advice on how to address the issue i had.
You need to promise to have a reliable Director that will not move. So you can genuinely promise that there is a reasonable minimum return investors will get.. Then if you can get people to trust you or the director, then they can trust the investment.
As it stands, it doesn't matter how honest you or the director is.
A clause that gives you an out in any situation is pretty much the opposite of what makes a good bet, a good bet.
The incentive from agreement is a percent of weekly sales income. Opposed to me just paying back what monetary value and then interest which would be a loan. Which if the 0.5% doesn't sound like enough that is valid feedback I can evaluate and work with. The other feedback that you gave that I'm beginning to work towards is getting a more concrete picture of what income is going to look like.
I'm beginning the more in-depth research on what returns could look like. That being said since I'm reach out of the forums to people who don't know anything about the reliability of my character I aim to be transparent. I could remove comments like that but it doesn't make the risk go away. I don't expect there to be any real loss of investment but I also can't promise the developers wont decide oil rigs make too much money and smite them.
Although it might sound like I'm being defensive (this is a project I'm very excited for), I do appreciate the feedback. It gives me more perspective to work with.
Guys I am also looking for an investor, all you gotta do is front me 50B and I promise you get some money back. If you want the full contract just msg me, it's only 48 pages long and only requires you to read 2 pages then we are all set :0
Lets just assume that I’m wrong, and start from a fresh slate;
say your maxed oil rig brings in 110M a day.
You have 29 employees that need paying, these range from 1.5m-4M salary, each. Lets average it at 2.5M, that’s 72.5M.
You have advertisements that need paying, this will cost money. Lets be generous and say it’s 5M, it may cost 5x that, couldn’t tell you what the 10*’s are paying.
thats 77.5M of your 110M gone, profit of 32.5M.
A companies daily income isn’t the companies daily profit bud. I’m sure you must’ve known that already though, considering you’re expecting others to invest many billions with you, you’d know what you’re getting into… right?
all figures are purely an example, ofc it can vary.
To clarify that wasn't me challenging the validity of your information, I was asking where the numbers came from. Since getting projected metrics is a vocalized weak point in the pitch.