Would it be possible to initiate a "war chat" tab during ranked/ turf wars? It seems fun and would probably instigate deeper battles. Just a random thought. Cheers!
War chat
Started by xHlGHx [2729423] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 47 / 47 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 47
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 59 / 100
- Engagement score
- 72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Omanpx [1906686]
· 31 likes ·
I think OP means a chat with both fighting sides in it. For banter and shittalking. - BlazingBill [3173007]
· 11 likes ·
Just use faction chat? - Hamr [2027992]
· 4 likes ·
Have you ever heard of discord?
Just use faction chat?
iirc there was discussion of custom chat rooms with Chat 2.0 but I'm guessing with all the stability problems anything like that will be coming soon(tm)
edit: I can only find this being suggested by players rather than staff so perhaps I'm making this up!
edit: I can only find this being suggested by players rather than staff so perhaps I'm making this up!
Have you ever heard of discord?
More than war chat (which can be done in faction chat without any issue) we need a race chat. Instead of mindless grinding a little bit of communication between drivers would make things a lot livelier
I think OP means a chat with both fighting sides in it. For banter and shittalking.
99% of people race for the merits. That would be one slow chat... Racing needs a major overhauls, it's terribly outdated and lackluster imo.
This would prob meen alot of work for staff to try to moderate. When emotions run high alot of shit prob gonna be said
omg lol
not sure if this is a terrible idea or a great one
not sure if this is a terrible idea or a great one
Can’t look for it at the moment but I believe ched or bogie mentioned this wouldn’t happen because it would provide an avenue to negotiate wars, reducing competition or something of the sort. This was back before chat 2 came out I think
anyone remember when cs:go had open communication between the teams at half time?
yeah trust me, this won't go how you think it will go.
yeah trust me, this won't go how you think it will go.
What's a discord?
:|
couldnt be worse than global tbf XD
Hard to moderate for staff, hard to grasp what's going on even if the involved factions only have the minimum members.
Think unmoderated Twitch/Youtube live chat.
Think unmoderated Twitch/Youtube live chat.
sounds gay
absolute chaos basically with no coherence and probably moving too fast to keep track of whats being said, would be funny to read some of the logs afterwards tho :P
We use Discord for day to day communications. Faction chat for war and chain coordination. It's not perfect, but it works.
I'm of the mind, any more "chat" features, at this point in the game, is a bad move. I'm hopeful the promised features of chat 2.0 are what I was expecting eventually though.
I'm of the mind, any more "chat" features, at this point in the game, is a bad move. I'm hopeful the promised features of chat 2.0 are what I was expecting eventually though.
Very simple way to mitigate problems. Give top members of each faction the option to block and turn off the shared war chat.
If either group dislikes the nature of it. Gone.... if they like the hectic, no problem. I don't see there being any need for added moderation costs. R+ Good idea!
(Also, yeah, custom chats are supposedly coming, so no point making a suggestion imo. we get it when we get custom chats)
If either group dislikes the nature of it. Gone.... if they like the hectic, no problem. I don't see there being any need for added moderation costs. R+ Good idea!
(Also, yeah, custom chats are supposedly coming, so no point making a suggestion imo. we get it when we get custom chats)