32 replies · 241 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
33
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
SporkMonkey[2065017]
· 5 likes · I dunno, man. I think they've been programming society for this fight since 1987. [image: i.postimg.cc]
StumpyDog[2252131]
· 4 likes · Money 100% jp doesn't do anything that's not gonna make him money.
What’s your take? This could be just about money. If Tyson were to lose, I think it’d call into question Jake Paul’s past fights. He might be old, but if you’ve seen any recent videos of Tyson in the gym hittin’ the bags, he’s still got that lion in him.
Personally, if this is a real fight, I think Tyson is going to make Paul’s shoulders clap.
That gym footage of Mike was impressive, but it was from when he was getting in shape for an exhibition match with Roy Jones jr. Some light sparring or short high intensity shadow boxing is different than 10 rounds of full on boxing. Yeah for his age Mike is extremely fit, but he smokes and isn't living for it as JP does. Mike was my idol as a kid. This shit hurts. I didn't care of Asscream getting KO'd. I really disliked Woodley getting KO'd and his win over Diaz. Those two were beasts in UFC. Hoping Mike can get it done, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.
I think he's gonna embarass himself. Bernard Hopkins is a legend, he kept fighting into his 50s, in far better shape than Tyson, yet spent the later stages of his career getting bullied.
Wouldn't say Hopkins was bullied. Won two titles at 48 and 49. He retired 2.5 years later after a decision to Kovalev (which isn't a bad result at 49 and a KO after that. Bernard "I won't let a white boy beat me" Hopkins. Lost My respect there.
But back to Iron Mike. XD Yeah last pro bout was 19 years ago and exhibition of 8 rounds was 3.5 years ago. I don't see Mike winning this.
The craziest and sad thing is that we're discussing Tyson v Paul and not Joshua v Ngannou which is literally this Friday
Actually Joshua v Ngannou is why I checked out the sports forum and saw this thread lol
Really shows the state of boxing imo. Anyway, so long as kids are getting inspired to try it out and compete, it's a good thing.
Should be a good fight tomorrow, my moneys on Ngannou tbh, dude was impressive against Fury, surprised a lot of people. My background is in boxing and muay thai, i've never watched MMA so didn't know much about Ngannou before the fight. As much as I want AJ to win, he has put in the work to try and reinvent himself since losing to Usyk, i'm not sure he can pull it off. I imagine Ngannou will try to knock him out and it depends on if AJ shows up hungry or not.
Same here bro. Muy Thai till my 20s. Been boxing last few years just to keep my form up again. I love MMA and follow it, but never into it myself. I was 100% sure Fury was going to win it against Francis, but Francis really surprised me. Especially because in MMA he was just a wild slinger. AJ really lost it against Ruiz. First getting KO'd and then winning it only on decision. Before that I thought he could really give Fury a hard time. Also the way he behaved after the Usyk loss was really sad.
Depends. If it's an "exhibition", which it 99% will be , I'm already not giving a damn . If miracles happen and they treat it like a serious boxing match , I can't wait to see Geriatric Mike have a flashback to when he was the undisputed Baddest Man on the Planet and make Paul never want to look at boxing gloves again .
Speaking to Radio Rahim, Chisora said: "I know for a fact they are using 18oz gloves and headguards - if I'm not mistaken. "I think so. So we're watching a sparring match. It's a f***ing joke. You think I'm paying to watch that?" There has been no official word on the rules or weight class for Paul-Tyson, or whether it will be a professional or exhibition contest. But we do know that it won't be a regular pay-per-view event and will be Netflix's first venture into live combat sports ahead of a massive WWE deal.
It really depends on whether the fight is already rigged and whether Tyson still has his legendary power. We haven’t seen much sign of it in his last several fights.
if it’s rigged, Paul wins. ‘They’ want to keep him interesting. Tyson is yesterday’s news.
if it’s not, Tyson’s camp will double down on his power. He’s not going to out-endurance Paul, so he has to shut him down in the first round.
Either way we’ll know who is going to win by the end of round one.
It's a show, these things always are, should be under the wwe headliners. U really think they gonna let Tyson anywhere near jp at even half power, would knock his head clean off. It's all about ppv numbers and it always will be. If u think anything else ur fooling yourself.