Nowadays I don't think so but i love saving money. It seems like a waste of money to me.
Are SE's worth it?
Started by Twister18 [1891448] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 22
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Shlefter [2901183]
· 8 likes ·
They're worth it starting from abt 3.5b in one stat. At that point they're the most efficient stats per dollar Edit: didn't beat flare rip - flare [2195157] Officer
· 7 likes ·
Shout out to DrChrono for the phenomenal sheet to help with this. Lets you compare all the boosters vs se's along with a bunch of other features. Im definitely not biased because Im listed as someone who helped [image: file.garden] … - flare [2195157] Officer
· 5 likes ·
Yes they are, but its a super late game item. Your looking to start using them at minimum 3b, ideally 4-5b in that one stat iirc
Yes they are, but its a super late game item.
Your looking to start using them at minimum 3b, ideally 4-5b in that one stat iirc
Your looking to start using them at minimum 3b, ideally 4-5b in that one stat iirc
They're worth it starting from abt 3.5b in one stat. At that point they're the most efficient stats per dollar
Edit: didn't beat flare rip
Edit: didn't beat flare rip
it's different per stat and depends on a ton of different things. It is closer to 4 or 5B per stat with the gym changes and the prices of SE's Cans, and FHC's these days. There are a few calculators out there. I believe tornstats has one.
Shout out to DrChrono for the phenomenal sheet to help with this. Lets you compare all the boosters vs se's along with a bunch of other features. Im definitely not biased because Im listed as someone who helped
[image: file.garden]
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=67&t=16328229&b=0&a=0
[image: file.garden]
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=67&t=16328229&b=0&a=0
Yes
And no.
Definitely sometimes though.
Yeah i mean, just need to find one in city and boom free stats, why would it not be worth it?
I wouldn't really say free stats. There is an opportunity cost of around $400-425 million, depending on which one you find.
I cant tell if this post is a troll or not, but just to be safe, if you find a stat enhancer for free in the city, do not use it.
I cant tell if this post is a troll or not, but just to be safe, if you find a stat enhancer for free in the city, do not use it.
Absolutely not. Send me all your SE's.
Worth it if you have enough stats to use it efficiently and networth to buy it.
I have a friend that used 4 at 100m because he thought that’s what he was supposed to do…. I about died.
So 9.4b if ony use xanax? A long way to go then :D
I would answer this question differently to all the above.
The usual SE maths you see is a COST comparision. I.e. when are they CHEAPER than other boosters per stat gain not when are they MORE EFFECTIVE.
However, if you can afford to use them regularly, they will net you more stats per 6hr cd than other boosters faar earlier than 3-5b.
Your starting stats don't matter - your long term bankroll does.
So my answer to are they worth it?
Yes, if/when you can afford to use them sustainably regardless of your stats.
The usual SE maths you see is a COST comparision. I.e. when are they CHEAPER than other boosters per stat gain not when are they MORE EFFECTIVE.
However, if you can afford to use them regularly, they will net you more stats per 6hr cd than other boosters faar earlier than 3-5b.
Your starting stats don't matter - your long term bankroll does.
So my answer to are they worth it?
Yes, if/when you can afford to use them sustainably regardless of your stats.
I feel like I'm being pedantic, but there is a point where you'd get more stats from an FHC with 6 hr CD than an SE. But of course, 99.95% of people in that range are limited by money, not CD.
I guess my non-pedantic counter point here is that you can't boil it down to just one metric. There's several factors you need to consider and weigh against both your short term and long term goals.
Glancing at OP's mini profile I'm going to venture a guess that SE's would be a terrible idea for them.
I guess my non-pedantic counter point here is that you can't boil it down to just one metric. There's several factors you need to consider and weigh against both your short term and long term goals.
Glancing at OP's mini profile I'm going to venture a guess that SE's would be a terrible idea for them.
Yes there is definitely a point where it swings back the other way!
And I do enjoy being pedantic too so I get it haha
Plus my answer only applies when funds are essentially unlimited... pretty unlilkey to apply to 99.999% of players and mainly an excuse for when I start prematurely using them due to impatience.
And I do enjoy being pedantic too so I get it haha
Plus my answer only applies when funds are essentially unlimited... pretty unlilkey to apply to 99.999% of players and mainly an excuse for when I start prematurely using them due to impatience.
This is way prettier than my sheet. I made a sheet and shared it with a few people, but nobody could figure it out. And I sucked at explaining it haha.
The first 100 aren't worth it, after that they become more and more worth it. You double the stat every 70 you take.
Wouldn’t that more so have to do with when you start using se vs the number of se you take/taken? So at 101 it’s worth it but not #82? Think your starting stat would be the biggest factor here.