Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stat Build Questions

Started by Drago20 [2314940] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 296 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
Drago20 [2314940]
I have came back to Torn after a while and im looking for info on if mine is ok and whats the current style of fighting.

DEF: 250k
STR: 250k
SPD: 250k
DEX: 5k

I am trying to go defense cause at least i can reduce some dmg rather than getting 1 shot by someone with enough spd. Is my line of thinking wrong cause ppl said u need dex but idk why.
Runalf [2047589]
To be honest?

It really doesnt give a damn imo lol. There will always be a lot of people much stronger than you so what ever you, you will be attacked and will be beaten.

Thats why I balance my stats with the George Gym, I don't have to think about it, I just click whatever stat had faction upgrades (steadfast) and leave it be.

But I am sure this opinion isn't very popular, so you can also just ignore it lol.

ps. If you are an above average player, and gain stats like a mad man, then it would be something to really think about and focus on.
But for a casual player I wouldn't care too much.
Dizzy [1806971]
This is really bad advice. It absolutely matters.

That said being even early on is good advice. Once you start to break into the hundreds of millions and billions of stats then I would go uneven.

Current meta is to whore 1 defensive stat (dex or defense). Then strength and speed should be around a 2:1 ratio.

So a build might look like
5b dedense
1b Dexterity
4b strength
2b speed

With a setup like this you have access to special gyms for 3 stats. Isoyama for defense and then Frontline for speed and strength.

Here is a guide on fighting generally. Will show some different build setups

Mentions: Fight better than a top 100 player | Feb 12 update

Chuck_Norris [2544593]
Can confirm, dedense is #1 most important battlestat.

@OP: Jokes aside, you're too early to need to worry about stat builds, but it's good that you're thinking about it. Get each stat to 50m, then you can do some more planning.

I would suggest getting each stat to 1m, then to 10m then snowball em to 50m each.

Personally, I'd suggest the importance is Str>Dex>Speed>Def when you're picking which stat to train, but ofc that'll also be influenced by what Steadfast you have on rotation.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
It should be noted that you get awards for each stat at 1mil, 10mil, 10mil, and 1bil... So if you leave your dex perpetually behind and purpose a pure 3 stat build, you'll be forgoing some merits in the process.

Not that 4 merits make a ton of difference, but they are there. You're super super early in Torn to be thinking about stat builds in my opinion.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Obviously you are in a cache farm. Ignore defense and dex for now. Go strength and speed only. That way your opportunity in hitting target gets bigger and you can earn more money.
Shaitan [2802630]
Honestly at your stat level I wouldn't bother with any particular build. (IMO)

Train in the stat thats highest dotted in your current gym, wash and repeat for each gym until you get to Georges. Then you can start to think about specialising.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
They have to not only hit, but they have to do damage too. That's where the defense side of the coin turns up.