Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Problems Buying Losses

Started by KudamonBear [3130786] on in General Discussion.

30 replies · 843 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

KudamonBear [3130786]
I have started buying losses and for the most part have been selling the on my own. Due to my current income, it's best to just handle things myself. However, this caused a small issue.

I had bought all the losses I had originally planned to buy and after this occurred, I had closed and edited my Forum to show that I am no longer buying Losses. In my Forum I had asked all sellers to contact before selling losses.

However, I have several losses we on my logs this morning from players that choose to attack and lose with contacting me before hand.

I don't want to be rude or harsh on them; I also don't have the funds to pay them for the extra losses. I had originally set aside funds for 500 losses but have exceeded the mark.

Sadly, this leave me with a choice to make; Do I teach them a hard lesson and not pay them because they decided not to message before hand or I bite them bullet and pay the extra 22M

Forum Post

Mentions: Buying Losses 350K (Closed)

Oakmont [2328419]
I don't know why you would edit to say closed, and then have a good half of the post in big red letters telling people how to attack and how much you pay, unless you wanted something like this to happen but are now worried about community backlash, needlessly confusing at least

Whether you pay or not is really a question for your own conscience, technically you don't owe them anything but you could have been a bit clearer

Edit - the thread itself is a day old, if you didn't have the money to pay them why did you bother to make a thread just to close it within 12hrs lol
Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor
just buy and sell losses through nebula corp bro

this is an unpaid ad but if Gen sees this he should bring a bag of beef jerky when he comes over tomorrow
ht_hacker [2672476]
Yup, that post clearly says 350k per loss.

Subject line does say closed, but easily missed.

If you want to buy losses again the future, I’d pay and make the first post and subject A LOT clearer

but what do I know? :-)
WhackedMaki [2587660]
It's more expensive since they take a cut. I buy through them anyway cuz I'm lazy, but that doesn't mean there aren't reasons to do it yourself.
Beerstein [1322136]
This, it's closed, it says closed, you owe them nothing.

In the future though, edit your post itself to blank/closed/done

I'd still pay them, but you're poor and it IS on them.
Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor
I wouldn’t know haha I’m just hear to plug the homie’s business.

I hear he pays the hookers escorts well though
Zapi [2414001]
Extortionate is an understatement.

To OP:

Pay them and grave thread while clearing the content.

You bought them cheap take refuge in that, you'll need 10k of them along the way so you didn't do a bad thing. I ended up buying a couple hundred more due to weapons merits.
Wolverine [1971836]
pay them and immediately after send a message telling that you are not buy losses anymore.

if after sending the message they still lose against you then don't pay them anymore.

You should always account some money to pay after you decide to stop buying losses.
Wolverine [1971836]
who is so stupid to pay 400k per loss to nebula corp?

300k for each loss is more than enough for each loss and players will thank you because many pay only 250k per loss.
WhiteWolfX [2871084]
edit the post to say "Closed" or "Done" or something along the lines of that
people are idiots and read the big red text and ignore everything else
BurstBoy [3173749]
Still need my 1) 50 foes escape from you and 2) win 50 defends merits, I go Nebula corp?
RealTeel [3008047]
Wouldn't messaging beforehand the rule of thumb? I dont have much experience with loss selling, but I would assume you would message them first unless otherwise stated in the post..... but I could be wrong.

If you want someone to tell you your not a bad person, Its totally obvious you don't have malicious intent. You COULD have made it more clear, but it is good practice for people to READ in a text game too.

With that being said, I find new players tend to be paranoid, and usually don't understand how things work so more than anything be patient and maybe help them find a good seller.
CockyNudist [2209950]
Also, to add on to everything else that has been said, why are you paying 350k per loss OP? You don't need them quick, and you definitely don't have a lot of money to throw away. If you offered 200-250k per loss you'd probably get a few every day and you'd be less likely to have stragglers losing to you after you've closed the thread, or at least you wouldn't have people dumping a full stack of energy on you.