Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Please grave

Started by WhereMyMomAt [3222715] on in Graveyard.

41 replies · 415 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

KingABz [1564719]
Example of this person's work
[image: i.ibb.co]

Google reverse image search result-
[image: i.ibb.co]

They are taking images/art from the Internet and putting text over it- not worth 50k let alone 5-30m

Delete this thread as blatant ripping is very distasteful. Learn and come back when you make your own work
KimJongUn [2520147]
bruh even those text aren't readable
putting PINk colored text on a PINK background is just gonna make people vomit. Please learn basic graphic design first and come back here after.
WhereMyMomAt [3222715]
I learned its better than the last shit I did, but im sorry again because im geninuley trying to learn and stuff people but why cant people just be postive that im trying, I took time to watch and learn how to learn this "style" and its very cool looking to me, so its not stealing when its a popular type of style that everyone uses.
WhereMyMomAt [3222715]
Like ive said im new i just got into it and instead of people trying to help me I get negative comments and etc. I could maybe do better if someone told me what to do and where to go and so Im learning how to make the style GFX sig type stuff.
Lambdadelta [1938313]
I'm pretty sure the post I made not even 24 hour ago was not harassing you in the slightest, if that's what you took from my post you're overly sensitive to constructive criticism.

If you're going to just let everything everyone says to you fly through one ear and out the other then you honestly deserve the onslaught of bounties you're going to end up getting.

You're playing with fire, I would honestly be careful if I were you because people don't take kindly to plagiarism.
If for some reason you don't know what the word plagiarism means for whatever reason let me get the definition for you.

“Presenting work or ideas from another source as your own, with or without consent of the original author, by incorporating it into your work without full acknowledgement.
WhereMyMomAt [3222715]
No its just that im tired of the rest of the people on my forum I understand constructive critism, But I told the previous guy im learning something new to me and once I said I was gonna learn he instantly said your stealing peoples shit. Im new, im trying to get more ideas and see what is the best for me but instantly staright to harrasing

im very sorry I said you were harrasing me
Taxxon [882264]
Youll be alright. Its how you advertise. Plenty if people sell AI generated Art or simple designs like yours.

1) If youre entirely that new, probably shouldnt charge for anything and simply offer to do stuff for free. If you really wanna learn, thats the best way.

2) Dont claim to have made something but all you did is slight alternations. You can advertise doing alternations or some fancy text over other images but dont pretend you made it.

Its not something you pick up overnight or even over a few weeks.
0xHemlock [2662912]
Not normally a frequenter of the Graphics forum (let alone one that is set to be graved), but I'm happy to offer my unsolicited advice. This is Torn, after all.

Learning a new skill is such an amazing journey, if I can be cheezy about it for a moment. You have so many resources available to guide you, including fantastic mentors who would be willing to give some free advice and pointers. However, you aren't going to have any success AT ALL if you decide to take that journey by selling your untested prototypes. "If you're good at something never do it for free" doesn't apply here because you're simply not good at this yet. Not a put-down, just fact. You need to journey a bit to get to a sellable state.

Keep your dream alive, but change the road you're trying to walk. Don't sell then hope you make something worth buying. Instead, go test. Learn how to use the many free tools out there, lurk on the forums to see what people like to buy, watch YouTube to see what approach to take, then go make something that is absolute garbage. Then do it again and again, until your garbage actually isn't half-bad.

I could write a freaking essay on that, but I think two paragraphs should be enough to make my point. Go learn, ask for feedback, and when you have a portfolio in 8-12 months' time I'd love to see a brand new post here showcasing your work (something better than editing a picture you downloaded) and offering a price you feel the product is worth. Good luck.
KingABz [1564719]
It's hard to give people the benefit of the doubt and not be slightly hostile when a reverse search shows someone just took an image off Google and put text over it. We can all be a bit snippy from the jump when that happens, for good reason. A lot of people decide to become "gfx artists" overnight because someone told them there's good money in it. They had zero interest in it ever and decided overnight lol this is eazy, copy paste/type into a generator OK 20m for custom plz

From our chats it sounds like you genuinely didn't know this would be a bad thing and actively want to improve. More power to you brother, hope you do learn and become good at it.

I can point you towards 50 artists/art fans on the spot, like right now, who would help you improve + support your work. Don't get disheartened by the hostile response here, you did ask for it (even though you didn't do it knowingly)

Good luck hope to see another thread in the future