Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Xanax: Bad batch?

Started by Aimsley [2773975] on in General Discussion.

36 replies · 1.02k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
37
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Aimsley [2773975]
I've noticed a huge rise in xanax overdoses, especially for a few of our faction members who were stacking for the upcoming chain.

Has a bad batch flooded the market or is it purely bad luck?
BlazingBill [3173007]
Is that a concept of the game? If not that would be pretty cool. Like basement made Xanax where they're a bit cheaper but the od rate is higher
Aimsley [2773975]
I'm not actually sure, I agree it would be pretty cool and in this kind of game you'd think it would be possible.

It's just wrong timing ^_^

I was only curious if it was a thing.
Crimson_Drake [2280945]
New drug crime: Make homemade Xanax at a significant cost reduction which may or may not have the intended effect. AKA, variable potency.
Flak [2091491]
Tech savvy people would probably know. For there to be a difference, Xanax items would need an identifying ID of sorts in the item data... Not necessarily available to players. But i'd say no sign of such a thing would be a strong suggestion that all Xanax are created equal
tiksan [2383326]
Each item has a distinct UID and a separate row on the DB. Which was shown during times such as Unique slowing down the game when opening up his inventory, and is why the devs are rebuilding how items are stored so stuff like this isn't an issue going forward. So yeah, it is technically possible.
Flak [2091491]
EPIC!! You have made a conspiracist out of me!!


PROVIDE CLEANER XANAX SUPPLIES CHED! I don't want no second class drugs!!
dunmugmeh [538353]
Dont be paranoid when playing games LOL just go with the flow.

There are a lot of things which are rolling the dice in this game.

Drugs overdose, crime results etc are all rolling the dice within certain parameters.
Flak [2091491]
Nah man, Its all about the 'Super-Fentanyl' these days....

'nitazenes' .... yes... seems like they are worse....
DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor
Each item has a UID to state which player owns it etc but that doesn't mean the OD result is predetermined.

It's just some code which is ran which then item is used to RNG and decide if an OD occured or not.
Tsume [195620]
I'm going to put this out there and receive a lot of hate but the data I've gathered is that rehab actually increases OD rate. And it makes sense. The rehab decreases tolerance to the drug, making it much more effective and easier to overdose on it.

Sample size is not that big but I can see the pattern.

Also if you're about to tell me I'm wrong, provide me with the data that says otherwise ;)