Unfortunately, upon my arrival in Class A, i will have only 144 points at my disposal. Do I stand any chance whatsoever with regard to being competitive?
My racing skill at this point will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 5.25 to 5.50 If I were to stab a loose guess. For whatever that's worth ..
I really like this class a sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KXqPIFzf6mIOqa7gnPQEUjjCWzpCVQLDF-OvA1GIQM0/edit
If you happened to get the Cosworth in Class B, you could finish upgrading that? Edit: I’m actually not sure about this. It will help win mudpit, but you could go days without seeing mudpit. Maybe wait.
Otherwise, pick one of “the five” and work on it; you’ll have enough points for about half of the upgrades. I’m not sure if it matters, but after “strip out,” I always do the most expensive upgrades first.
A couple of things you can do to help maximize your success: 1. Focus only on tracks your car is designed for. You can leave and reenlist every 15 minutes, which means you get four shots at seeing a track you like versus the 60+minutes it’d take to get 6th place in a track you don’t have a car for. 2. Before sleeping, you can set or join a 100 lap, 2 racer docks race. This won’t earn you racing points, but it will slowly push your skill. If you go this route, I’d recommend working on the Lexus TL3.
What I did, and that is by no means optimal, was I had Cosworth I spent fair amount of points on, so when I came to class A, I upgraded it nearly to max, but didn't put on any specific wheels. I kept ranking top 3 with it on commerce, vector, industrial, meltdown,... And most of the dirt tracks (if memory doesn't betray me, it didn't do as well on two islands).
Saved those points for next car, maxed that, and only then put dirt wheels on cosworth.
Alas sadly I didn't track it and it's been ages, so can't check. And now I'm deep enough into class A that I only race people with full garages, so cosworth is now only viable on mudpit.
Is there any way to check logs from 7 or so years ago?