As a text-based game, Torn doesn't offer much in ways of gameplay, so I quit the first time after playing casually for a while. I got back and tried being more active this time around. You need scripts and API bots for any competitive advantage, spending time and energy either guarding your assets or exploiting others, for what is ultimately 0s and 1s in Ched's mom's basement. Getting money/stats higher gets stale after a while. It's not like you can ever catch up with the big guys.
That leaves the social aspect of the game. Torn as a whole is pretty toxic, which is to be expected for a game about crimes with most in-game interactions being either transactional or antagonistic. It's the smaller communities and friendships that keep people invested in the game. I never made one, and it's circular logic to make one at this point. I have limited social battery so I'd rather spend it on ones I already have outside the game.
I'm sure this is not a revelation for long-time players, but I'm still making the post as a PSA to step back and reevaluate whether you're actually enjoying the game. It's easy to get lost in the weeds of things, and sunk cost fallacy is a thing.
I've dumped what little RW stuff I had in hopes that it would make the day for some greenleaf. I'm closing the account right after the post so don't bother messaging.
21:43:37 - 26/03/24 You dumped 1x Riot Helmet
21:43:23 - 26/03/24 You dumped 1x SIG 552 (Focus)
That leaves the social aspect of the game. Torn as a whole is pretty toxic, which is to be expected for a game about crimes with most in-game interactions being either transactional or antagonistic. It's the smaller communities and friendships that keep people invested in the game. I never made one, and it's circular logic to make one at this point. I have limited social battery so I'd rather spend it on ones I already have outside the game.
I'm sure this is not a revelation for long-time players, but I'm still making the post as a PSA to step back and reevaluate whether you're actually enjoying the game. It's easy to get lost in the weeds of things, and sunk cost fallacy is a thing.
I've dumped what little RW stuff I had in hopes that it would make the day for some greenleaf. I'm closing the account right after the post so don't bother messaging.
21:43:37 - 26/03/24 You dumped 1x Riot Helmet
21:43:23 - 26/03/24 You dumped 1x SIG 552 (Focus)