I acknowledge that this game has a somewhat toxic social environment that tends to spread, yet I find myself returning to it due to its addictive nature and the assurance that I'm not being exploited. It's genuinely free-to-play, although I opt for a subscription that I intend to maintain. What's remarkable is that even if I were to cancel, I could retain everything I've acquired for a nominal fee, supported by passive income from my stock investments. This game stands out as one of the rare ones that offers long-lasting fun and enjoyment for years to come. I saddened to hear you go, but I honestly believe you’ll come back like I did.
Quitting again
Started by ZjHi3cx32R [1882722] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 65 / 65 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
What's the deal with all the f**king quit posts recently? Do you get a hidden merit for doing one?
I heard from someone that if you leave the game after creating a thread for leaving the game and you come back after a while (the return window is varying for each player individually) you will receive a gift from 0 till 10 SE/Private Island and most importantly the same amount of unique merits. This is only a rumour though.
Noooo dont dump ur stuff
give it to me!
give it to me!
I'm outta here for a while then.
Ched, please give stuffz.
Ched, please give stuffz.
Congrats! How long did it take you?
Well then adios.
As a text-based game, Torn doesn't offer much in ways of gameplay,
spending time and energy either guarding your assets or exploiting others
So does the game not have much to offer, or does it demand too much time and energy to play?
most in-game interactions being either transactional or antagonistic
It's the smaller communities and friendships that keep people invested
Are most in-game interactions transactional or antagonistic, or do people cultivate friendships and establish communities?
Boohoo >.<
See ya next time!
See ya next time!
can i have your stuff
Funny, when I closed my old account it removed all my profile photos and my information from my profile. But, that's none of my business.
[image: i.kym-cdn.com]
[image: i.kym-cdn.com]
Damn.... peeps be trolling the space where a person used to be.... that's dedication to the cause.
The dude left, in case ya didn't notice
The dude left, in case ya didn't notice
This is dumb.
Eggstremely disappointed
When you close your account your account signature is wiped. Looks like you're still here.
Quitting is harder than it seems, stay strong.
Quitting is harder than it seems, stay strong.
Why'd you have to do 'em like that?
>PSA to step back and reevaluate whether you're actually enjoying the game.
Some people actually enjoy the game for what it is. All the games are 1s and 0s, and IRL might be also!
Some people actually enjoy the game for what it is. All the games are 1s and 0s, and IRL might be also!
I think he meant logging off. Closing the window, possibly to not return. Didn't strike me as the sort to have so little will power they needed to burn it in order to cope with the pressures.
But i'll have my hands in the air if i'm wrong and he returns
But i'll have my hands in the air if i'm wrong and he returns
I don't think he meant it can't be enjoyed. I read it more as 'Make sure you aren't just locked here through habit'
Seemed fairly well balanced to me, clearly a bit miffed, but i don't see him telling others what to think.
(And yeah! Pretty sure we are 'future' AI showing their 'pets' [/'newer elements of themselves'] roughly how they came to be created)
Not certain, but we have a lot more films and copies of films than the single actual happenings that were initially recorded
Seemed fairly well balanced to me, clearly a bit miffed, but i don't see him telling others what to think.
(And yeah! Pretty sure we are 'future' AI showing their 'pets' [/'newer elements of themselves'] roughly how they came to be created)
Not certain, but we have a lot more films and copies of films than the single actual happenings that were initially recorded